Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Be Grateful

So pregnancy hasn't been my most favorite experience thus far.  As I sat in church on Sunday I realized I have lost the gift of gratitude.  I've done nothing but gripe about how much society has kept hidden from me about pregnancy.  I'm tired of being tired, sick of being sick, and I'm getting fatter (people say it's because I'm growing a baby but all I see is fat at this point).

Thanksgiving Day, people posted pictures and status updates all over social media about what they were grateful for.  I didn't see any of it until Friday, but it didn't even occur to me to try and do something similar.  I figured since Monday would be the first of a new month, I would try harder to be grateful, because honestly, I have a lot to be grateful for.



And then I went to the dentist Monday morning because of persistent tooth pain that started about half a week ago.  He informed me I needed a root canal.  Ooookay.  Rough start to my new beginning.

But here's what I can be grateful for even with that.


  1. I called the Endodontist yesterday and they had a cancellation which opened up an appointment at 8 a.m. today.  Which was made even better by the fact that my tooth hurt worse after the dentist fiddled with it.  
  2. I had a terrible night's sleep because every time I moved I would upset my tooth and wake up.  I know I got some sleep, but not much.  BUT today I was able to lay back in the chair and close my eyes and have a nice little nap.
  3. I had the PTO to be able to take today off and come home and rest.
  4. I didn't throw up (that's a big deal since there were strange smells, things being stuck into my mouth, and strange taste from medications, etc. 
  5. My mouth hurts, but I don't feel nauseous today (which I have felt for at least two months now).

All of that just from my visit to the Endodontist.  There are so many other things to be grateful for as well.  I mean, I am pregnant, I honesty doubted at times in my life that I would have this opportunity.  I'm scared of having a baby, but I've always been scared of change and rarely has change been bad for me.  Everyone seems to think I'll be a good mom (I guess they forgot about the "trolls" I told Samantha about when she was 4, how I pick up a crying kid and say, "don't worry, it will get worse", how I can't let kids win, etc.  But maybe that's good....maybe my kids will be well-rounded? Or something like that.

Anyway - I'm going to go rest, maybe fold some laundry that's been in desperate need of it for a while (I'm not lazy, I'm pregnant...)

1 comment:

Ash said...

ahh! I'm sorry about your tooth and the sickness. You are going to be a great mom. Your kids will be nonjudgemental and super fun like you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...