Thanksgiving Day, people posted pictures and status updates all over social media about what they were grateful for. I didn't see any of it until Friday, but it didn't even occur to me to try and do something similar. I figured since Monday would be the first of a new month, I would try harder to be grateful, because honestly, I have a lot to be grateful for.
And then I went to the dentist Monday morning because of persistent tooth pain that started about half a week ago. He informed me I needed a root canal. Ooookay. Rough start to my new beginning.
But here's what I can be grateful for even with that.
- I called the Endodontist yesterday and they had a cancellation which opened up an appointment at 8 a.m. today. Which was made even better by the fact that my tooth hurt worse after the dentist fiddled with it.
- I had a terrible night's sleep because every time I moved I would upset my tooth and wake up. I know I got some sleep, but not much. BUT today I was able to lay back in the chair and close my eyes and have a nice little nap.
- I had the PTO to be able to take today off and come home and rest.
- I didn't throw up (that's a big deal since there were strange smells, things being stuck into my mouth, and strange taste from medications, etc.
- My mouth hurts, but I don't feel nauseous today (which I have felt for at least two months now).
All of that just from my visit to the Endodontist. There are so many other things to be grateful for as well. I mean, I am pregnant, I honesty doubted at times in my life that I would have this opportunity. I'm scared of having a baby, but I've always been scared of change and rarely has change been bad for me. Everyone seems to think I'll be a good mom (I guess they forgot about the "trolls" I told Samantha about when she was 4, how I pick up a crying kid and say, "don't worry, it will get worse", how I can't let kids win, etc. But maybe that's good....maybe my kids will be well-rounded? Or something like that.
Anyway - I'm going to go rest, maybe fold some laundry that's been in desperate need of it for a while (I'm not lazy, I'm pregnant...)