Thursday, July 17, 2008

Entrepreneur

FREE SNACKS

As I have said before, we are moving buildings. All week I've been walking around the office and cleaning up the mess people left behind. It reminds me a lot of being the last one to leave for the summer during college. All the crap no one wanted so they just left it for the poor sucker who stayed until the end. I had it happen to me once or twice and after that made sure I wasn't the last one out of the apartment, and I can't honestly say that I've never done it to anyone either. It can be easy.

Anyway, along with that we are also slowly losing the things that make an office run. The first thing to go was the ice machine, and believe it or not we did have member of our office throw a big fit about that. I was saddened about not having ice, but I always knew I could bring some from home, so I didn't cry about it like this one person did. Along with the ice machine we lost our plants, they are all over at the new building now. Our extra source of oxygen, gone, just like that. Today it was the vending machines turn to kick the bucket and be dragged out of the office. It's again, no big deal to me, I don't even buy stuff from the vending machine. But my boss decided to ease everyone else into the transition she would buy them snacks and drinks and give them away for free. Not if I have anything to do with it.

Bosslady gave me a box I could use as my money box. I told her that I didn't remember what club I was in during middle school, but I was in charge of the concession stand at the baseball games and I did a pretty good job. So I set up the table and my money box and took a seat. The paper at the bottom of the box would be the pleasant accounting department's printed copy of the e-mail stating that the snacks were free. If you look closely you can see that "free snacks" is highlighted. You can also see that I said tips were welcome. And yes, most people noticed my Peanuts reference on the box.

So I finally got bored and asked my boss if I had to man my station. She said I could go back to my desk, which I did. But a while later I went in to collect my free snack and checked out the box and this is what I saw!


Someone was kind enough to humor me and drop in $1.15 into my little tip box. Now the question is, when I get back after lunch will it all still be there? If so I think I'll take it for safe keeping and put the box out again tomorrow...just to see how much money I can get out of these people!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...