Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sound Assurance

I’ve decided that the best way to get my friend’s attention is to text message her. She has programmed her phone to quack whenever she gets a text message(you know who you are). This may seem a slightly trivial fact until I tack on that the quacking persists until she hits a button to make it stop. She’s tried before to endure the quacking, if only to see how long it goes, or how long she could bare it. I feel pretty certain that she informed me that she lasted over 20 minutes once. A phone call will stop once you hang up or leave a message, unless it’s like my old phone that would beep every 10 minutes to inform me I missed a call, thus landing it under a pillow and a bunch of blankets when I left it at home once with my roommate who wouldn’t just hit the button. But this quacking is the greatest thing ever, if I text her she is sure to get annoyed enough to read it no matter what activity she was doing. It’s just reassuring to know that I can be heard.
In other news I am shocked by the death of Heath Ledger. I was going to write about him today, but I read Claire’s blog and she pretty much said whatever I would have, so if you want go check out her entry today. I just think that he was a talented actor and I am truly sorry to hear of his passing.

1 comment:

Rub said...

So I've actually made it to one full hour of quacking. A never ending quack ring is the perfect answer to my lack of ability to hear. Don't judge me because I'm disabled!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...