Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hollywood is Not America

I used to have a picture similar to this one taped to my ceiling so that the last thing I would see before going to bed would be this face. I shouldn't have even been watching 90210, I was too young at the time, but thankfully I had a sister who was just as hooked as I was.


Seeing as how I am still single (shocker) and I mean completely single, not a suitor for miles, and if there are they aren’t being obvious enough for me to pick up on the signals, I’ve decided to take a trip down memory lane of former and possibly renewed Hollywood crushes. You’ll just see random pictures, most of them require no explanation.
On Facebook, yes, I tried to keep that out of my blog, but it’s such a big part of my life somehow...I started a group, “Fictional Characters Have Ruined Me for Real Life Romance.” I’m pretty proud of the group, mostly because through it I have discovered that I am not alone. Fictional characters really have screwed it up for us. I’ve talked about it in the group and I kind of don’t feel like getting into it. Though I did want to point out that none of my k-12 Hollywood crushes were exactly because of their characters in the movies and television shows I saw them in, with the exception of Casper, the friendly ghost (when he was a boy, not that white fluff that flew around the house). I mean, I fell in love with the Source of all evil from Charmed, Cole, many guys I knew/know don’t have to aim high to surpass those standards.
My Hollywood crushes now-a-days are more damaging, like John Thornton from North and South, or Angel Clare from Tess of the D’Urbervilles. Let’s also throw in Indiana Jones, Batman, Leopold (from Kate and Leopold), the main guy from 27 Dresses, and Grigg from Jane Austin Book Club…oh and the guy from Penelope. These guys have looks but they also have a lot of other things going for them, a lot of things I’m not noticing in guys I share geographical proximity with. And with the exception of Leopold and Grigg all these guys can be kind of jerks at times, but I still love them. Real life guy tries to be a jerk and he’s off my list of possible future eternal companions. …Seriously, this is why I don’t get asked out.
Anyway, I just thought I would write a little tribute to all the guys I've never met that made life more interesting and entertainment more enjoyable.
And aside from the brief teenage craze of having Jason Priestly(SP?) on my ceiling, I was given a christmas present my first year out of high school with Jim Caviezel ironed on to a pillow case...I wonder where that is?








3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that pillowcase.

Lildonbro said...

I still need to try and find it! I feel like I wouldn't have gotten rid of it.

P.S. I love that you posted on such an old blog post:)

Lildonbro said...

I still need to try and find it! I feel like I wouldn't have gotten rid of it.

P.S. I love that you posted on such an old blog post:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...