Sunday, June 1, 2008

I've fallen out of my bed three times in 4 hours, that's a new record.

I got bored this morning, big surprise there. But the thing is, I was getting ready for the day, I just got bored while I was doing it, so I happened to be looking in the mirror and I tried to close one eye while leaving the other wide open. Now, I can have one eye closed and the other slightly opened, but couldn't have it open the way it is when both eyes are opened (that's a lot of 'open's). The other eyelid tugs down a little. So I looked closer at my face - the eyelids don't seem to really be connected by skin (I mean they obviously are but closing my eye doesn't tug on the skin on my nose and that's closer than the other eyelid). So I looked at my mouth, one large tissue defintely connected together, so I wondered, could I half smile and not effect the rest? I tested it, covering my smiley side to see if the other side moved. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Now I understand that the eyelids while not visiably connected are more than 99.9% connected through nerves, and maybe the mouth is too, but possibly I severed a nerve as a child so I can do the half smiley thing, but it just struck me as odd. Anyway, the human body is pretty cool.
So yesterday I danced more, I don't know what's wrong with me, something about the month of May. For Enrichment yesterday we had a girl from the ward come and teach us a piece. She brought two girls from her company and I have to say I'm better at sitting back and appreciating dance, but I went out there and learned. The group that showed up to dance was small, which made it better for me because then I was more willing to participate. It was pretty cool, though I kept laughing and apologizing for ruining the overall outcome because I could never remember the one part where we face the other direction and move forward a couple steps, from there I would spin to make up the movement and end up on the ground at the same time as everyone else, but I’m pretty sure that they noticed. But I stuck to it even though I repeatedly threatened to sit down.
Last night Emily and I went to Wal-Mart and while we were there we could hear this pretty piano piece coming from an aisle (turned out it was the aisle we were looking for too, how providential), so we started playing with the sample music they have and I whipped out some of my newly acquired dance moves, and for some reason I felt that since it was Saturday night at Wal-Mart I would be okay to act that way in public. A lot of my social rules get put on the shelf when I’m at Wal-Mart, like at Christmas when Rub and I went down the Christmas toy aisle and pushed everything that said “Push” and got all the different toys singing and dancing and lighting up, then we would run one aisle over and crack up as though it were the funniest thing ever. In all honesty, it wasn’t that funny, and had we been more mature the ruckus would have annoyed us, instead we pushed, ran, and laughed like we were little kids. Thinking about it, I would never act that way in Target, which is probably why I love Wal-Mart sometimes. I never claimed to act my age.

4 comments:

Gibson Family said...

You are crazy and I am pretty sure that is why I like you. I just got to say it's weird because I have terrible manners at Wal-mart but not at Target as well. I wonder why that is?

Sarah said...

That has to be the most random post EVER. I love you D!

Cassie Rakes said...

I agree with Sarah, and with the Walmart thing, which brings up the helment incident once again.

C$ said...

I wish I had been there at Walmart with you and Rub. I LOVE doing that. I, like you, would never dream of doing that in Target, but Walmart is a totally different story. It's just so ghetto, so different from Target. Love it though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...