Thursday, May 29, 2008

Speaking of Obsessions I think this blog is mine

So this tax stimulus, I’ve been thinking about it as I’ve made sure all my May bills and early June bills are mailed, scheduled, etc. I had to pay my personal property tax and my vehicle registration renewal this week. I don’t know about these, I don’t understand why I have to pay more for something I’ve already paid a large amount of money to own. Seriously, they make me pay this money and then don’t even pay the postage, I’ve still got to fork that over as well.
I understand taxes, they take it from your paycheck before you see it, they even take some after you think you’re in the clear ($1 to the state of Virginia this year when taxes were all said and done). I pay a tax on food, a gasoline tax (at least I’m told I do), I pay a different - lesser tax on non-food items at the store, or maybe that tax is more - I can’t remember at the moment. I pay all these taxes and suddenly I’m supposed to be grateful and unsuspicious that the government is going to give me some money back. But before I even get the money they send me personal property tax and vehicle registration. Depending on how much money I get with this stimulus I’ve either already spent over 1/4 or 1/3 of the “rebate” whatever they’re calling it. That coupled with the fact that I can go two weeks without having to fill up my tank and somehow this morning I still went over my newly revised gas budget which is already more than my food budget. Then there are elections this year and I’m supposed to vote in this popularity contest for which politician is going to screw me over the least.
Don’t even get me started on the lesser bottom dwelling politicians who can’t even seem to show up for work when it’s required of them, who knows what they are doing other than paying themselves far too much for the job required of them, which means more national debt, which means more taxes on people who can’t afford to have a good standard of living and pay these ridiculous taxes. I can’t believe I live in a country that pays professional liars so much money (don’t think I’m not throwing in lawyers into the mix because the best politicians started out as lawyers – oh and let’s just toss in overpaid actors as well, they could be considered liars). Excuse me for being upset but I feel awful if I pay over $30 for a pair of shoes, while these guys can go buy a yacht with money I’ve earned and somehow ended up in some agreement to pay them for not even showing up to vote on a bill.
You don’t even want to hear how I feel about the idiots who think “Carbon Points” are a good idea. It’s just some way to make more money off of the American people while pretending you actually care about the environment. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/20/miliband_carbon_trading/
Agh. I’m just in a mood today
Just so you know, this entire blog is complete opinion, I may have facts incorrect, I don’t care, I don’t want to hear about it. I just want to vent, immature and possibly completely wrong. That’s my prerogative.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I don't care if you're "opinions" are immature, or wrong, or if you have wrong information. I completly agree with you on everything. Politicians are not only liars and lazy though, they are boring. And my attention span is only so long. No matter how much I want to know what it going on FOR REAL, you know the TRUTH, I can't seem to listen long enough to figure out what they are saying.
And they aren't doing a thing to correct the financial problem this country is in. They could cut back or eliminate a lot of spending for one if they gave them selves a REASONABLE salary, And not blow our taxes on "campaign partys"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...