Friday, September 28, 2012

There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet. *

Saturday I flew into Phoenix, Arizona.

My first impression of Arizona was a pretty cool airport with a recreation of the Grand Canyon on the walls surrounding the escalator and an airplane that looked like it was about to crash into the Grand Canyon (sorry - no picture - I tried not to look too much like a tourist).

Next impression MY WORD IT'S HOT THERE!  guys...it's THE DESERT! Not the two "s" kind that I am in love with, but the single 's'! I felt like Rango when he first experiences the real desert...p.s. there will be a lot of movie references throughout.  You can ask Jesse - I kept comparing everything to a movie.

To be honest - I don't think I had seen a cactus in real life before.
Kami and Jesse came to pick me up at the airport and we drove around for a while, I got to see Scottsdale - which is where we have our Arizona office.  I couldn't remember the address though - so this picture will have to do.
don't know why it won't flip right


Then we tried to go see Ashley at the Mesa Temple.  That didn't work out so well because she wasn't there, but we got to write her a note.






Then we met up with Jesse's friend...Rob?  He works in Human Resources too and when he found out that I did he said we should get married.  Later he mentioned something about getting a ring...I mean - sure, if you want to make if official and move to the east coast cause this dry desert in a land with horrid public water was not the place for me.  But he was a fun guy nonetheless and it's been a couple of months since I've been proposed to - so it was nice to get a refresher.

Then we drove to Tuscan.  I was exhausted by the time we got there because it was basically 1 or 2 a.m. my time.  I tried my darndest to stay awake - but it didn't happen.  I slept on a very comfortable couch and woke up around 5:30 or 6 because that was sleeping in for me (8:30 or 9 EST).

Church was good - Kami kept trying to get me to fall in love so I would stay out there, but three hours just isn't long enough to be sure - you know?

I got to have dinner with Kami, Jesse, and my friend's (Erin) mom and grandmother.  It was cool, I was nervous at first because I'm kind of shy and I get all quiet around people I don't know well.  But they were good fun with good conversation.  I learned a lot about tea that I didn't know (and that Jesse told me wasn't true later - but I'll have to wikipedia it first).  Not that it matters, I don't even drink tea, but interesting nonetheless!  Then Jesse and I packed up.  Jesse's roommate, Michael, has been to Havasupai three times, so he was helping me pack.  Basically the rule of thumb is, "what can I do without?"  I packed the bare minimum and it was a good thing too! I would even say there were a few things I wouldn't have taken with me.  But live and learn (and never repeat - I am putting it on the public record that I never need to hike Havasupai again...stories to come). 

Jesse and I drove about 5 hours or so to Seligman, Arizona Sunday night.  It was...a small town, so the old, musty feel of the motel...wasn't as bad as it would have been if there had been better options out there...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...