Tuesday, May 7, 2013

To my everlasting shame, I did.*

Blog Bucks: Congratulations to Murbatron, Isaac, and Ashely! Just as a note, the blog bucks from May 3rd are still available!

April was a rough month for book reading.  I just didn't have time or more so, motivation.  I made this rule for myself that I couldn't buy anymore books until I read three from my "to read" bookshelf (seriously, I have an actual shelf set aside for all of them).  So - you can see how well that is working out for me.  I need a good YA novel to get the ball rolling again.

January - 4

February - 3

March - 4

April - 2

Total =13

Yeah - I don't want to talk about it.

The 5 Love Language by Gary Chapman - I had heard about this book, recommended it to friends, taken the quiz, etc. but had actually never read it.  So it was good to finally have read (er..listened to - did I mention this month was audio books? That makes it even worse in my mind) it.  I'm not sure I'm altogether satisfied with my results - I'm kind of across the board with everything but "gifts".  I'd like to be more specialized.
A Heart Like His by Virginia H. Pearce - this was a good book about opening our hearts up to other people in the way of further developing charity and  serving others.  So it was a good book - but not what I was looking for at the time.  I guess I was looking for something more on opening our hearts up and forgiving others who have wrong us.  But I guess we can't always get exactly what we want.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...