Thursday, June 20, 2013

This crying in the morning thing, this depression, let's get that fixed.*

Blog Bucks: Congrats to Kathryn!

I've been a little M.I.A. lately.  To be honest with you, I'm not 100% certain what has kept me from blogging.  Work has gotten really busy and maybe that has something to do with it.

So here's the update on life for you:

Last Sunday I was released from my calling as the first counselor in the Relief Society Presidency, then, in the same breath I was extended a calling as the first counselor in the Relief Society Presidency.  That was fun.  Ruth (the former president) is leaving to go serve an 18 month mission for church.  I was nervous about who the new president would be.  I only served under Ruth for 3-4 weeks but I liked her and I couldn't think of who would be called as president and if we would work well together.  Then I was told that the new president is Ashley B. (for those who read my friend's blogs, she's the one who writes about miracles).  I was so excited, I wouldn't have guessed (because I'm never good at that) but when I heard it was her I knew that was the best person for that calling.  I am looking forward to working with her!  I care greatly for Ashley and am excited for her in this new calling, I think it will be great for her.  I'm also excited to keep my calling.  As nervous as I was to serve under a new person, I kind of wanted to keep a calling a little longer than a month.  I mean, we hadn't even had an activity yet (that's what I am over).

Speaking of which, we have an activity tonight.  We are going to be learning self defense.  I'm very excited about this and I hope I learn how to hit people better.  Brother Ben wants me to come over to the house afterwards and show him the stuff I learned.  He said he will practice attacking us (the girls) and then I can practice beating him up.  Pretty exciting stuff.

The first Sunday in July, I'll be teaching.  I've been hopping between ideas for what to teach on and I think I finally have my topic.  Recognizing the hand of the Lord in your life.  And since that's pretty general, I've added a subtopic, to help build faith and hope by realizing that the Lord never leaves us.  I feel the best about this topic over all the others (about 5 so far).  So for the next few weeks leading up to my lesson, I'm going to try and find at least one instance each day where I saw the hand of the Lord in my life.  Sometimes they will be big, sometimes they will be small.  If they aren't too personal, I think I will try and write them to this blog.  We'll see how it goes.

More updates:  I'm on a kickball team again this year.  Yesterday was our third game.  I didn't make it to the first and we lost anyway, but last week and this week we won! I can't say I really contributed, but it's still nice to win.  I'm getting more comfortable (should be after three years).  I'm happy to report that my ankle is doing just fine.  Shortly after I signed up for the kickball team I got to thinking what a dumb idea that was for someone whose ankle is still swollen from a sprain back in February.  Last week, I hit the ball wrong and it hurt a bit, but last night - no problems...I even got to second base.  I would have gotten to third but this angry looking dude was coming for me with the ball and I slowed down so he wouldn't find an excuse to get violent (after tonight's activity with self defense though I'll be ready for him next time). 

What else...OH! We put in more segment of fence. Nickipedia and Brother Ben came over and helped us out.  I have pictures - but they are on my home computer - I will post later.


Was behind this car one rainy morning when traffic wasn't moving very fast...I thought, "that should be my license place"

Last Saturday we (Relief Society sisters) put together little gifts for the guys in our ward for Father's Day.  We made a lot of cookies and bagged them up and tied "love notes" around them.  We needed a few extra love notes, so I wrote pick up lines.  I found out of Tuesday that one of the guy's I know got the pick up line, "You're the reason women fall in love".  I hope that made him feel good. 

Last weekend I also went to hang out with the Rowland's.  The kids got to make their own popcorn in the microwave and I got to be the adult to find out that maybe they shouldn't have.

One solid chunk!

For Father's Day, my mom bought two cakes, a chocolate one and this heavenly cinnamon one.  It was like eating a snickerdoodle with the gooey cinnamon part of a cinnamon roll.  I could have eaten the whole cake and then died happy.  Luckily I limited myself to one piece.
Anyway - I think that's it.  I'm going hiking this weekend and I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures from that.  I'm incredibly out of shape so here's hoping I survive to blog about it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...