Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Book Review - November

January - 4
February - 3
March - 4
April -2
May - 3
June - 4
 July - 4
  August - 5
September - 9
October - 5
November - 4
Total =47


 
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
So I read a vampire book...I swore I never would (aside from Twilight - which I think is why I swore I never would but really, there could be several reasons why).  I actually enjoyed it.  There were parts I wanted to vomit, or tried to curl my wrist (something I do when there is way too much talk of blood and gore).  It's definitely a teen vampire novel - so you know, keep that in mind if you decide to read it.

All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience by Neal A. Maxwell
I really enjoyed this book.  I've been meaning to put a Maxwell book under my belt and I did it! It took me a long time to read, but I found a lot of what it said applicable for myself or for friends who were going through a difficult time.
 
Paperboy by Vince Vawter
I started this one - not too sure if I would actually enjoy it.  But there's something about a young, stuttering, baseball playing coming of age story that really gets to you.  It really was one of those coming of age stories where a young boy is made to deal with very real issues and how that changes the way he sees the world and himself.  Overall - a feel good book.

Miss Peregrine's School For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
It took me a little while to get in to this one.  Our main character visits the place where his grandfather grew up as a war refuge.  He makes some peculiar friends while trying to solve the riddled last words of warning his grandfather gave him.  I am still processing the end of the story - I think that's because it sounds like there will/should be a sequel.  Not sure if it will happen, but this is a book where I would be interested in seeing the sequel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...