Friday, December 27, 2013

Is it strictly apathy, or do you really not have a goal in life?*

It's that time of the year again - to reflect on what I didn't get done....I mean…..uh

So this year wasn't the best for goal completion.  The Internet tells me that it was Woody Allen who said, “If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.”  2013 has been a great year, it just didn’t involve accomplishing many goals.

1. Read 50 books – This may be the only goal I feel certain I can put in green.

2. Finish the two stories I am working on – Let’s just say that the writer’s block didn’t go anywhere.  I have gotten further and I am working on one of the stories with my writing group – but I have not brought either to a conclusion.

3. Don't text and drive (don't call the cops on me).  It even became a LAW! I’m a lawbreaker! I don’t do it as much as I did, but I still do it.

4. Be Healthier – I never did get an annual check-up.  I tried a few veggies this year (fresh spinach – way better than lettuce), but I really should be doing that more often.  I also bought a fitbit this year and that has helped me in my “being fit” area.  I am obsessed with getting 10,000 steps a day – I haven’t been great about it in December, but I was doing pretty good for a while.  I love the friend feature – so if you have a fitbit let’s connect and challenge each other in 2014.

5.Get back to the basics – It isn’t so much about WHEN you get there, but THAT you get there….right? (if not – this is yellow)  It has only been recently that I have been better about my scripture study and prayer.  I had been doing them each day, but not really…if that makes sense.  So around Sept/Oct I started to give myself an amount of time for scripture study instead of just reading a chapter each morning.  It has been great – and I hope to keep it up in 2014.

6. Home Improvement – NOTHING! I fixed nothing in my house this year….

7. Budgeting/Pay off Debt –I guess there is a reason I have had this as a goal EVERY YEAR.

8.Attend at least one writers conference – My goal was to attend a writers conference, which I did not.  But I have joined a new writing group….was that just THIS year I originally joined one?  The first one fell apart over summer vacation, but this new group is small and consistent.  I really like the people and I’m learning A LOT.  So I may not have gone to a writer’s conference but I have definitely made some progress.

9. Time Management – I have gotten somewhat better.  I now watch Netflix while folding laundry and working in steps....but I don’t think I am where I envisioned myself when I wrote this goal.

10. Journal Writing – Just because I wrote twice in December DOES NOT count!  This is still something I want to get better about – so it will be showing up in 2014.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...