Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I forget when I hate to drink the water!

Today is apparently ‘mess up your words day’ for me. Earlier this morning I was talking to a coworker and said something to her but I swapped two of the important words in the sentence. She didn’t catch on right away, but the moment the words were out of my mouth I felt like something was wrong. Then I had to go back and fix it.

Then I came back to my desk and found that I had left a half full cup of water at my desk over night. Normally I drink all the water right before I leave so I usually just throw out the cup in the morning, or I reuse it if I’m feeling particularly green that morning. Well I sat down today, already having a fresh cup of water with me and I look over to see the old cup pathetically staring at me. I open my mouth and say, “I forget when I hate to drink the water.” .37 seconds later my brow furrows and I wonder what the heck I just said. I forget to hate?

Since my words can’t be trusted I find it’s best to express my Utah trip in pictures.





First: The reason for the trip. Brenan and his baby blessing!




But that doesn't mean I didn't have plenty of time to do other things!


The sibling's familial unit




Got to hang out with BFF Rub! And of course we went to Wal-Mart because...well, why wouldn't we?
Here we are sporting a pair of hunting glasses. I don't know how they help, but they were in that section of the store






And no trip would be complete without first trying on a hunting hat! People are sure to notice me now!




My sister, Martha, and her boyfriend, Jeff.


She looks thrilled as usual.


Family cookout (when I say family, we've got mine and then my brother's in-laws


Devin eating a Hamburger and Lauryn with her "Come here a minute" always getting people to come walk across the field with her.








Lauryn walking like an old woman!




Just me and my big sister! And then we are getting chip faced (hardy, har, har, I'm so funny).


The last night of my trip we pulled out an old family favorite....Beyond Balderdash
Acronyms:
D.A.A.
*Division of Astral Authority ~Heather
*Department of Agricultural Awareness~Martha
*Deparment of Animal Ancestory ~Dad
Movies:

"The Hard Boiled Canary"

*Released in 1967 based on the life story of one of New York's Most prominent mob families. ~Jess

*A Singer in a striptease Palace discovers classical music at a summer camp. ~Matt

Babes in Baghdad

A Group of women from another planet come to hunt down SadanHussein. ~Jeff

Early fifties flick that is basically about 11 wives of an oversized Arab who go on strike because of bad living conditions. ~THE REAL ONE

People:

Angelo Siciliano

*Became a living legend when he teamed up with Chef Boyardee to invent the Meatsa-Meatsa Pizza. ~Matt

Rant Mullins

* He sort of, basically, invented the Mullen's Capsule, which transfers DNA from individual cells. ~Matt

*Philedelphia radio talk show host, Steve "Rant" Mullins, best known for expressing his political views. ~Jess

Dates:

June 20, 1960

*The date that occurred exactly 14 years and 3 days before Matt's Birthday. ~Matt

Purceville, Indiana, population 1,000 was shocked when two of their residents were murdered ~Martha (we all agreed the population count was the overkill...pardon the pun)

Words:

Zufolo

*The name for a half buffalo and zebra. ~Jeff

Oneirocritic

* A term for a one eyed judge. ~ Jeff

*A government employee hired to provide his unbiased opinion about the indigenous people of Onerio. ~Matt


...And the winner is....

Randkluft - A small tool used by Angelo Siciliano to quickly turn traditional style pizza into calzones. In the small town of Markleyville, LA, population 36 this has basically become the Friday night activity of choice.




...I love this family.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Did I tell you Boots made me walk across the field with her last Saturday? Yeah, I thought I had avoided that.

Jeff will be so happy he made it in to your blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...