Friday, August 29, 2008

The foolish man build his house upon the sand.

Marianne told me I should put up pictures of what I have been up to and write about them. So when Chubber's kennel collapsed yesterday I thought, "Hmm...I should take pictures and write about this.

The roof from the top. Used to be a triangle...like a roof on a house, so the water would roll down. But we hadn't really had a rainstorm since I bought it.


This is the view that Chubber's had from inside, and this isn't as bad as it was. Most of the water is off the tarp now, but from what I hear (I was at work for the worst of it) the tarp was practically on top of the dog house.


So here's the whole story. It started to rain on Wednesday, raining all day long. Then on Thursday morning it seemed that the worst of it was over, leaving us with a nice Seattle mist. But while I was at work it started to downpour. It was at this time that the metal rod holding the tarp up decided to cave in...couldn't take the pressure. So my neighbor came over and tried to fix it so that poor Chubbers, fearing for his life, could safely abide in the kennel. I fixed it as best I could yesterday evening, but then it rained again last night. So today, while at work, Chubbers got to hang out in the shed, inside his old friend, the cage. But it was better than hanging out in a kennel that could collapse completely at any given moment.

If you noticed the black fencing beneath the tarp, that's because my freak dog likes to somehow get up on the roof of the kennel, but then he's too afraid of come down. Personally, I think he is responsible for the tarp not being able to handle the rain, but that's just me.

Luckily Chubber's has come out of this experience okay, a little weary, but hopefully a little wiser as well.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...