Thursday, October 1, 2009

I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!*

The other night my roommate, Anne, and I had to head over to Ashland in the dark of the night. She locked her keys in her car (don't ask me how) but it was right before Institute class (which is in downtown. Richmond...Ashland not so close together) I was going to show you a map but there were two problems. The first being there is no map already made up to show you the distance from Richmond to Ashland (they aren't that far apart, but when you are racing against the clock Ashland just isn't a place you can swing by on your way downtown). The second problem, I'm not really sure where Ashland is on a map (A+ student here...).

Anyway, point being she locked her keys in the car and her boss gave her a ride downtown to class where we met up and we were going to go get her car later. After class we went to burgers so it was after burgers, around 10 o'clock that we headed out to Ashland. Right by her office is a 7-Eleven. Which I hadn't noticed the last time I was there, but it would explain why I saw a slurpee cup in a tree not too far from it.I see the sign as we are sitting in the car and she is getting her keys out and I say, "Hey, you want to go get a slurpee?" To which she replies in the positive. So we mosey on down to the local 7-Eleven.

We walk in and the girl says, "how are you?" and we reply and I ask, "How are you?" and she says, "evil". No joke. So I had been prepared for the usual perfunctory nod of the head because that's what you do when someone replies that they are "good". I stop mid nod and look up at her and a sinister smile ripples across her face as though to confirm my suspicions. I choose not to alarm Anne who had not actually heard what the girl said. I get my slurpee and Anne gets a drink and we walk up to the register. The girl is standing there now and she says, "Who wants to be my next victim." I choke on a bit of awkwardness, quickly swallow and shoot my hand up in the air, "I do!" She rang up my slurpee and I paid.
I checked with Anne once we were outside if the girl had in fact said "evil" when I asked how she was doing, but there was no need to ask, her behavior was all the confirmation I needed.
Never let it be said that I was intimated by supreme weirdness.
...Only in Ashland.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Nice. Only in Ashland.

Haha! My verification word? hethen
(Spelled different, but that's beside the point).

Appropriate.

AuntKatween said...

And to think, we will be in Ashland Saturday. No slurpee run...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Joanna & Ben said...

Dr. Horrible's Sing a-long blog. Put your makeup back on girl that face needs some work.

Candice said...

That is hilarious!! And creepy, and I love that you volunteered to be the next victim - you're mighty brave :)

SB said...

wow...some people's children...

Rub said...

I'm catching up on some posts I've missed, and can I just remind you that I love your freaking guts?

You crack me up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...