Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'll never get used to the fact that most of the time it looks like you're doing nothing.*

I got some bad news yesterday. I found out that I do not meet the requirements to sit for the PHR exam. So...here I am in a class preparing me to take the exam and it doesn't look as though I'll be taking it. I'll keep going to the class of course because I have to "pass" the class to get reimbursed and I'm not one for throwing money down the drain (not that much at least). I am really sad though because as I sat in class last night I realized that I know this stuff better then I thought. It doesn't help that the three ladies I sit with are barely keeping up with the reading and keep telling me how smart I am because I noticed that some theories apply both to recruiting as performance management. That's not smart, for me that's realizing that that the same music played in Mona Lisa Smile is also played in Nicholas Nickleby and that Juliet Stevenson just so happens to be in both. Still, I had a glimmer of hope for the first time that maybe I could pass this exam. Then I get home and find I have an e-mail saying I can't sit for it. I shouldn't be sad that I can't take a test...who would be sad about that? What I am sad about it that I won't be able to try, I won't be able to attempt to get this designation. I will take the class, wait until I have the two years exempt experience and forget everything I learned. Thanks.

Needless to say it's put me in a sadden state this morning. I am sitting at work and find no desire to do anything. I need to kick myself in the butt and get to work. I have ten phone screens I have to do. I have discovered in a short amount of time that I hate phone screens. Somehow they pulled me out of my funk on Friday, despite my dislike for the phone. But yesterday I did one and I don't know if she just rubbed me the wrong way and wasn't qualified for the position, or if I was in yet another sour mood (as the rains came down...again) and just wasn't impressed. But that was one phone screen, in one day. Now I have ten more I have to do. Were the four not enough? Can't you call just one of them and set up an interview? Or do I have to take up my life conducting more phone screens then necessary and then they never go anywhere...cause that's what happened the last position I did phone screens for. I found a candidate I liked, he knew what he was talking about, seemed like a good fit, and no one higher up ever called him for an interview. Didn't even call him to conduct another phone screen.

What's the point of what I am doing!?

1 comment:

The Hudsons said...

Mad men...and don't be sad it will give you an African sleeping disease, and we both know that's never good. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...