Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I just know a lost cause when I see it. That's the reason I don't recycle.*

Last week we got some sample pens (amongst other things) from a new company that we are purchasing our office supplies from. We split up our spoils and took the pens to sample them and see how they worked (or because we are greedy and love free stuff). Not being the most green person (I believe in recycling, but I am not willing to pay more for green stuff just because it's what the cool kids are doing) I let Pam take the biodegradable pens...


I was down at her desk today asking her to order some supplies and talking about the weekend when her pen broke, her biodegradable pen. I told her maybe it already started its biodegrading and went on about how you can't trust that stuff, you don't know how long you will have it, like the Sun Chips bags. How long will it last? (And yes, I'm aware that it has a long shelf life and probably waits to biodegrade until in the compost, but it's more fun to live life thinking that the bag that holds your chips could disappear back to mother earth over night from your pantry).
Pam asked if she should put the broken piece in water and see how long it takes and I laughed and said, "Plant it and see if anything grows" ...which of course, is illogical, you can't grow a plant from a piece of biodegradable pen, but wouldn't it be cool if you could plant your dead pen, give it some water and sunlight and walla! You have an office plant.

I may be biased but I think it's a fabulous idea.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, D. You make me laugh.

Vanessa said...

Hahaha love this idea. You should totally do it.

The Ottley's said...

Really? You've got too much time on your hands! :)

(Personally I like the idea!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...