Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Words like violence, break the silence.*

Saturday my sister and I went to the mall (she was buying clothes, I am saving money for possible water solutions). As we pulled into the parking lot there was a man dressed like a rent-a-cop walking through the empty parking lot (it was very early Saturday morning). I mentioned something about how he was moving around like the terminator and my sister turned up the music and said, "No, he's just walking to the music" (which was Nelly Furtado "Say It Right"). So of course, we watched him walk away to the music. We got out of the car and went into the store. While walking in I said to my sister, "I wish everyone saw the world the way we do."

It's like when I was on a road trip with my Dad and sister to Michigan and we listened to ABBA the whole way up, I mentioned to them how I like to watch the cars move along to the music, like I am in my own little movie and the road trip is just the opening credits. Nothing like watching a mini van speed along the highway to "Mama Mia".

Lately I like to listen to Depeche Mode while driving to work, makes the commute more interesting and everyone (or I guess every car) seems to have some more exciting purpose and destination than where they really are going. They have thrilling jobs that actually satisfy them, stuff movies are made of and books are written about. They aren't just people headed to the office...waiting for Friday.

Speaking of which, totally waiting for Friday. Not only is it the end of the week, but the well people are going to come and take a look at the well. Maybe my roommates can move back in and the house won't smell sulfury just because someone ran the sink. I think a stalagmite is building in my ear because of the mineral water.

3 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

'Enjoy the silence', Depeche Mode. I love our family's quirkiness and that our 62 year old dad rocks out to Moby's music for the Bourne movies.Or that we watch people and make up little stories about their lives while they go about their business...makes me happy.

Martha said...

I was totally watching cars drive to the music the other day and almost blogged about it. I also like to watch the funky little things they put in front of car dealers that are blown up by a fan. Making sense?

Lildonbro said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! I love watching those things get down to the music!

The other day there was a black guy with a white mask (like the strange masks from that one scene in Beaches) he was dancing all animatronically and had a sign for something but all I could do was watch him dance to the music playing in my car.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...