Thursday, August 9, 2012

This sash was a gift to me, from the queen of America.*

I haven't had a whole lot of thoughts lately.  I don't know if you consider that a good thing or a bad thing.  Maybe it's a lack of doing things worth writing about.  Hmm...Could be it. 

Just to give you a general update on my life.  I've been pretty busy, it's all routine though.  Monday nights are typically my free time night.  Sometimes I have things going on, sometimes I go to FHE, and sometimes I sit at home and breath.  Tuesday I have Institute, Wednesday I have frisbee (and lately, trail running before frisbee), Thursday I have book club and basketball, Friday I'm usually hanging out with the boys, and Saturday - well Saturday changes from week to week.  I'd like to say I go running and take care of my yard - but that rarely actually happens.  Then Sundays are busy busy busy with church, family and friends.

I have three callings and an "assignment".  Institute Council President, Sunday School teacher (Family History), and Regional Committee Member (aka acting president until they call someone already!) and I'm on a planning committee for a YSA (Young Single Adult) retreat in September which I can't even go to because I'm going to Arizona that week (enter geeky, awkward, jumping in the air with two feet move here)!

Some of you might be familiar with the "object lesson" where you have a glass and then you have rocks, sand, rice, pebbles, water, etc. and you try to figure out how to get ALL of that stuff into the glass.  If you start with the small stuff then you're screwed because there will be no room for the larger rocks or water.  But if you start with the rocks, then add the sand/rice, then you add the water - you find that somehow all of the stuff fit.  You focus on the big things, then fill in the rest of life with the smaller stuff.

I thought of that as I was thinking about this update, the things going on.  I have quite a few big rocks right now and I'm trying to make sure I take care of them first.  Then I can put in the rest; hanging out with friends, dating, writing, reading, training for the half marathon, etc.  It's hard and it feels over whelming at times - but I can't seem to make myself stop any of it.  Does anyone else ever feel like they're cramming so much in but they can't choose what to let go of?  ...Anyone successfully let go of anything?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...