Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy birfday!*


Have I mentioned that I love my new job?

I have mentioned that I HAVE a new job?  I am still with the same company, but have switched departments. Goodbye HR, Hello Regulatory Compliance.  I was really nervous about making the change.  I have been in HR for the past 6 years.  I may have been stressed, but I knew what I was doing. Then I was getting ready to just switch to a different department where for the life of me I couldn’t tell you what I would be doing!  I’m amazed they gave me the job, but then again, they didn’t ask a lot of questions in the interview.  The first person told me right away that I was a perfect for the job and I had his support.  Then he asked a few questions.  The second person came in and asked if she really needed to ask any questions.  So I asked her some, what would my interactions be with her department, etc.  Then my new boss came in and just told me her plans for the department once I started. 

So I got a job without knowing what it would involve.  I had to wait until they hired someone to replace me, then I spent three grueling weeks training my replacements and last week I finally started in my new job (I still get HR questions from HR people – not just the ones I trained…that is weird).  The training here has been far different from the training I gave in HR.  A lot of it here is, “this is what you need to do, here is where you can look to get it”.  I’m not left completely on my own, I can ask questions and a few of the things they showed me how to do it.  There’s a lot of research involved, which I didn’t think I would like because frankly I didn’t like any of my HR research.  But I haven’t been bored with this stuff, I don’t know if it is because it actually accomplishes something or what.  I felt in HR that I researched something and it never came to fruition. 

The days are busy and go by quickly, but I’m not exhausted when I leave for the day (AND I leave on time each day). 

Anyway – today, I was doing some research for Georgia and I came across this:

 

I don’t know why, but I love that “weird” made it onto a government website.

In other news – I am eating spinach today:

 

It’s like eating a plant and I think it’s giving me heartburn….is that even possible?

Just as an update – I had a great birthday.  Nothing too crazy happened, but I just went to bed last night thinking what a great birthday it was.  Aside from getting stuck in traffic on the way to work, it was a great day.  My day wasn’t too stressed and I felt really loved with birthday cards and flowers and notes and cake.  Is this what a real birthday feels like?  I even got a re-gifted photography book from Katy (my literal replacement in HR – we are so similar – you will likely hear about her again because we have a monthly photography challenge). 

Last night, Chewy and I went to Home Team Grill – I really wanted a burger and I have this strange thing about half-off burger night (every Tuesday) – so even though I wasn’t paying I really wanted to go.   The food was ok but the service was terrible, I think the girl forgot us.  It was the first time I ever considered just leaving without paying.  Mind you, I would not have done it, but I wanted to. Then we went to Coldstone.  Chewy has never had Coldstone so it was really good I was craving some (heaven’s knows I didn’t need it though which is probably why I am choking down spinach right now).  I think he liked it…but the jury is still out.  I’ll tell you what he didn’t like, every time he said something I started to sing a song with the same words.  He was not too keen on when I pulled out Bonnie Raitt or House of Pain.  That boy has no class. (Ps- before he gets mad at me for not mentioning it- Chewy already got me my gifts :) 

Well, I should get back to my spinach. Here are random pictures from yesterday.

Thanks Viv for the early morning surprise!


Thanks Amber for the notes and flowers! 
They're lady bugs!!!!

3 comments:

The Ottley's said...

Happy birfday

G Sauce said...

I don't think Chewy could ever be around both of us at the same time. We are like an iPod shuffle.

Lildonbro said...

G - That is so true! Put a game in front of us and it's shuffle time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...