Thursday, April 3, 2008

I've made a lot of mistakes, but I never make the same mistake twice

Name that movie. This should be fun.
So, interesting thing happened yesterday. I was in the break room talking to a friend about her recent speeding ticket, which of course lead to driving improvement school, which I’ve been to a couple of times, I think two but something in the back of my mind tells me that I’ve been three times. Oh, yeah, that would probably be my memory. Yeah, it’s been three times, once in high school, once in college, and once post-college. Anyway, so we’re talking and this older guy from IT comes in and he’s getting a soda, quite possibly eavesdropping and then he looks right at me and says, “Now you don’t let your son borrow that big car you drive do you?” I had no idea what to say, I had no response to that. My friend says, “You must have her confused with someone else.” His response, “An Altima, right?” My response, “Yeah, but,” I was in shock, do I look like I can have a teenage son? How much has this job aged me? When I was a trainer and people found out I was 24 I got the, “You don’t look that old.” Granted these were 16 and 17 year olds, but still, none of them would have ever thought I looked old enough to be their mom! This guy never conceded that he was mistaken, he just checked the type of car. I informed him that even if I was old enough to have a teenage son no one drives my car besides me, no one. It’s true too. I’m the only one who’s driven it except the guy at Pep Boys who changed my tire and oil. And of course anyone who test drove it before I bought it, but that doesn’t count, I wasn’t there to protect it back then. I know that I don’t look old enough to have a teenage son, but I still had to check with people after that just to boost my self esteem. Not that there’s anything wrong with having a teenager, but I would have had to be 9 years old max in when I had him in order for my “son” to be old enough to drive. How old do I look?

2 comments:

The Ottley's said...

Ha ha ha ha... I got nothing.

Sarah said...

Old People are Crazy...But I guess if you are olde enough to have a teen age son then you are qualified as "old people" so you should know ALL about that...and why did he just assume you hada son, why not a neen age daughter, or twins? I think he must have been sexist...and probably blind...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...