Wednesday, October 1, 2008

6 degrees of Randomness

I got tagged.

Sarah tagged me in a post about 6 random things about her. So I suppose that means that I have to write six random things about me. I am already kind of a random person so it’s difficult to think of things that you would think are random. But I’ll try really hard.

1. The first thing, I guess it’s random, though amongst my friends it is now a well known fact. I hate having my wrists touch, and I abhor people rubbing their own wrists together. The only thing worse is when people do it on purpose after finding out that I don’t like it…I don’t like those kinds of people. I don’t know where it comes from, not for sure at least. The closest thing I can think is that when I was younger my friend and I were doing a magic trick for the kid who lived behind her, in which I was “handcuffed” though not really, that way I could work my way out of it magically. Well, he played his own trick on us and told us that his cat was having kittens right then! So we jumped up to look over the privacy fence (the kind with the triangles on top) and when we realized that the cat wasn’t even in the backyard we jumped down. Only thing was that the handcuff actually cuffed to my wrist got caught on one of the triangles and was ripped off of my wrist. That may not even have been it, I mean I know that I also had a fear of slap bracelets digging into the veiny part of my wrist causing me to bleed to death, that would have been around the same time so it’s difficult to know for sure how it all started. (Yes, I’ve always been dramatic) I’m working on this wrist thing, three years of therapy and I can finally keep from gagging when someone grabs my wrist.

2. Yes, I have been to therapy before, but not for my wrist. Can that count as a random thing?

3. I have taken a breathalyzer test (don’t tell my mom). I was young and stupid and 100% sober. I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The cop tried to scare me by looking at it and asking if I was sure I hadn’t had anything to drink (I used to get asked that question a lot but I’ve never had a drink in my life). Then he asked if I had anything in my car, like a bacon stretcher or anything like that. I turned to my friend who seemed just as confused; I thought maybe it was some type of drug paraphernalia. But then I realized the cop had some personality and was making a joke.

4. I lack all original thought. Even if you thought it was original, it probably wasn’t. Almost everything I say is a movie or television quote. Basically if it sounds original it’s really just modified to fit the situation. The good news: if I say something incredibly rude to you I’m probably just quoting a movie in a friendly, endearing manner…but sometimes not – so you’re the one who decides how to take it.

5. I’m writing a story. Been working on it since the beginning of the summer. Some people have read bits and pieces of it, and I have over 100 pages written, though not all of it still goes with the story line now. I love writing (as if this blog didn’t prove that even if I have nothing to say I still feel the need to say something). Basically, I like to spend much of my free time writing or researching for my story. (P.S. it’s kind of about super heroes).

6. I have 7 smiles...just kidding! Um...I don't eat chocolate, haven't eaten it for 8 and half years and it started on a dare in high school. That's all I can come up with :)

I guess now is the time to tag other people. I tag my sisters, Martha, Kathryn, and Joanna, and my sister-in-law Heather. (I don't know how many people I have to tag) Let's throw in Marianne too.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You did it! Good job. People use to think I was drunk when I was in high school too. never had a drop to drink but especially when I was with my friends we all acted like it. One time I was even tired and my speech was slightly slurred. There was no convincing this girl I was clean.

The Hudsons said...

I love that I get to be an after thought....RUDE!

Lildonbro said...

You're not the after thought, you're the good measure. You're the extra pinch of cinnamon to oatmeal cookies, you're the dash of salt to bland veggies, you're the extra dollop of icing on a cupcake.

I mean seriously...after thought? Choosing that phrase is what was rude.

Joanna & Ben said...

will do Jess, nice to be tagged...I'm not that random though, so we shall see what I can come up with...my world has become very small in the last five years and consists of dirty diapers, poos, booboos, and drugging my kids when I need a break...jk...maybe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...