Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Relief Society Pool Party and Broadcast

Last Saturday was the relief society broadcast, it was also the only Saturday we could do our pool party, so what do you do when you find it's the last possible day to do a pool party and it's the broadcast? You combine them of course! So we had the pool party from 2-6 and then if you wanted to you could stay at Natalie's parents house and watch it or you could go to the stake center, or if you were lucky like me to have BYU TV you go home and watch it. Here are some pictures from the pool party (not I spent most of my time dry and inside).


This is Lilly, she was the highlight of the party, I mean, look at that face? How could you not fall in love with it?



I don't remember her name, but she's adorable, doesn't talk much and apparently doesn't like the idea of being compare to Bilbo Baggins, because that's what we all thought she looked like with these glasses on.




This is my new boyfriend Joey, he's kind of a ladies man and moves on quickly, but for a good 15 minutes we had a connection, and then again later when I drew him a picture. Oh and then the next day at church he informed me that he was coming over to my house. So obviously there is something still there right? And it shouldn't be a surprise, I mean, everyone says I like 'em young! Oh, you didn't think that young? OK.

Okay, notice Lilly's eyes. Seriously, I ask again how you could not love this dog??

The girls having fun in the pool under the water.

The broadcast was awesome, as usual. I always enjoy what is said. There seemed to be a lot of talk about Temples. Elder Uchtdorf talked about creating beautiful things, even if it's just a smiles. He also talked about not being so hard on ourselves. I loved the comparison between the way he cooks and the way his wife cooks. She could have a masterpiece on the table and still feel like she didn't do something right or left something out and he can burn the eggs and feel like he's accomplished something big. I think it's true, a lot of women beat themselves up, because even their best doesn't seem to be good enough. At least that's the way I feel sometimes.

It was a good Saturday and I'm sorry I've waited so long to write about it.

1 comment:

Sara :) said...

That cutie of a little girl would be Liya! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...