Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Door Phenomenon

You'll have to forgive me if I write about my dog too much, but I don't have children and I don't have a husband...or even a boyfriend, or a guy friend, or anything. Life is pretty simple right now so little things amuse me. One such thing is The Door Phenomenon. Chubbers has a habit of jumping off of the back porch into the front yard (there's fence all the way around the yard except for when you come up on to the porch). It's an annoying habit and I've threatened him several times but it doesn't seem to work (go figure). Then the other day out of desperation I tried this little number


The door is propped open by one table and kept from opening any further by another table. Believe it or not this does in fact keep him from jumping off of the back porch. He'll jump into the backyard and run around, but he won't jump into the front yard.



My roommate asked me today how it works and I told her I honestly don't know. I think somewhere in his mind he thinks eventually that door will open and I'll let him in (he can come inside but only through the side door). I just hope it keeps working because it has made my life a lot easier. I also hope that should I ever have children they are this easy to trick.

In other news, Chubb's and I went to watch Conference at my parent's house. He is truly a grandpuppy. My dad doesn't like dogs in the house but he said that Chubber's could come in if he was calm, and he was for the most part, but even when he randomly got up in my dad's face he was still allowed to stay in. He even made my dad laugh, and it turns out that Chubb's thinks grandpa is calling him when he's snoring.

I also tried to get a picture of Sam and Theo pretending like they like each other. This is the best I could do, and this is about the 9th or 10th shot. Its hard to believe that once upon a time I may have fought with one or two siblings the way they fight with each other. Hopefully they grow out of it.

2 comments:

AuntKatween said...

they haven't yet!

Lildonbro said...

I had forgotten about that door thing with Chubbs...I can't believe that EVER worked.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...