Thursday, October 23, 2008

Last Weekend

I was sick this past week, probably due to a lack of sleep this past weekend, so I haven't posted pictures. Last Friday we had a party from down under to attend and were told to dress Australian. Seeing as how the only Australian I know dresses like me I was a bit perplex. Like a real Australian or like a Hollywood Australian? My roommates went with Hollywood and I went with a Kangaroo. Before we were ready though we had to go to Wal-Mart, and as usual Wal-Mart is the only place where a kid can really be a kid.


This could not be helped, if you see these things you have to put them on your hands and beat someone up.


Roommate Anne decided to go as a Dingo (as in, "Maybe the dingo ate your baby"). Notice the amazing acting skills of this doll. Feel the fear and despair as it cries out in pain and shock with an perfect o-shaped. "oh no!"
So here we are, Anne as a Dingo with her baby in mouth, Emily as the Australian, Darla from Finding Nemo and me as a kangaroo with a teddy bear joey.
When we got to the party we realized that someone had gone all out with an actual Kangaroo custome...great. So out came the teddy bear and the rest of the evening was spent as a human. In the picture above Nic is killing the Kangaroo (*sigh* defending my personal Kangaroo honor I'm sure).
Saturday morning we woke up bright and early for the Temple trip. Our temple is 2 hours away right outside of Washington D.C. (Hence why it is the D.C. Temple). The three Richmond area stakes as well as the Scranton, PA (Go The Office!) all met at the Temple. They've been talking about it for months and the day was finally here! Our ward chartered two buses to head up there.
Before we set out though we had to get us some breakfast! So we stopped off at Panera first to get some bagels.

Anne and me at Panera
Then we rushed off to the church because we thought we were going to be late! Then we sat on the bus for FOREVER!
Arianne and I sitting and waiting on the bus.
Emily, Anne and I doing the "oh no!" face inspired by her doll from the night before.
Then Sunday I got up early because we had to be at the church building between 8:30 and 8:45 to get our seats and a parking spot for our 10:00 o'clock meeting where we were able to sing as a ward for our stake conference with Boyd K. Packer and we were able to hear from three amazing speakers. Not to mention that beforehand Emily, Anne and I were apparently being shown on a big screen to the people in the back of the gym...and we were talking about decorating our outfits with a bedazzler so you can imagine our movements were pretty entertaining, or maybe just plain embarassing. Why can't the people in the back just squint? Why did they have to have a camera on us to make us larger? Good news though, once everything got started they focused on the speakers, not on the crazy single's waiting on the stand.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Do you have a close up of Emily as Darla? That is awesome!

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha I wish I coudl have seen you on teh big screne at conference. I'm sure you made the waiting go by faster for many people in the back. :)
Dingo, Darla, and a kangaroo. I'm impressed with the creativity in that. Nice job. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...