Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat!

For those of you who didn't realize, Halloween was this past Friday. I'm guessing most of you were aware of that, but you know, just in case. True to character, I still dress up. I can't help myself and I don't think I'll ever stop dressing up. This year almost didn't happen for me though, I was undecided as to whether or not dress up and I was even more undecided about whether or not to go to the ward activity. So I was a 'maybe' all week and then on Friday I decided that I was going to do it...but I didn't know what to dress up as. So, during a mental break at work (it's important to take those) I figured it out.


That's right folks, a kissing booth. The best part is, since I didn't decide until while at work on Friday, I took one hour on Friday night cutting, gluing, covering with paper bags, and drawing on this sucker. I've never "created" something so quickly (and I feel like it shows a little). I had to cut circles out in the side for my arms to fit through, and I cut them too high at first, so I had to make them bigger and then glue cardboard at the tops of the circles so that my head wouldn't be pushing on the top of the box. However, this made the holes smaller and I got stuck in it and panicked (claustrophobia hits me at random times and I feared I'd spend the rest of my life awkwardly as a kissing booth).


For good measure I added a 'tip cup'. It paid off for me, I got a handful of Jolly Ranchers, a starlight mint (a nice girl from church thought I should be prepared for my customers), and a little thing of Play dough.

In case you were wondering how it looks on, here you go.


So my shirt is the one I got from my sister, Martha, is says, "Kissimmee and I'll kiss you back" and has the state of Florida outlined on it. Also at the bottom left hand corner it says, "Buy one get one free." Since my shirt advertises that I'll kiss you back.


Here I am with my posse. Arianne is Elvis, Anne is a black widow spider, then there is me, and Emily is a witch (I believe the one from Wicked).

I was worried what the Bishop would think, but he and his wife (Susie) laughed and she said I should charge $20 per kiss...but the boys wouldn't even pay $2 (Cheap). The Bishop and Brother Willis said that I should put money in the cup so that it would look like I've already had people come by. I told them I didn't have any dollar bills and they said they couldn't give them to me because that would really start some stories. Ha-ha...I love the sense of humor these guys have.


So, I'm arachnophobic...here I am with a can of Raid, taking care of the giant spider.

I tried to explain to the girls that this was a guy only kissing booth. But Melissa isn't the only girl who got uncomfortably close to my kissing booth. Best part is, I couldn't actually see her, I had blinders on like a horse.
Finally, real customers. Yes, I know, they're kissing the box and not me. Two things, I'm not easily accessible in that box; secondly, I'm not really a kissing booth. Give me some credit here people.
Well, hope ya'll had a good and safe Halloween!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Kissing booth...ha ha ha I LOVE it. You could have put some chocolate coins in there. They are no good for eating after all this year anyway. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...