Thursday, November 13, 2008

Books and Movies

I bought my ticket for the movie Twilight. Some friends and I decided that we wanted to go together since we all seemed to be sucked into the craze at the same time. When we were talking about it I kept thinking, "It doesn't really matter if I go opening day." I still don't think it matters and I'll admit that I was more excited for Batman. I'm nervous about Twilight because I really enjoyed the first three books (I don't think I really liked the fourth all that much, jury is still out on that one) and when you like a book and they make it a movie they sometimes screw it up. They'll add things, or leave things out. I don't care so much for the leaving things out, it's the adding things that bother me.

Anyhow, my roommate texted me last night to tell me she bought her ticket, so I bought mine so we could go at the same time, and then I got a little excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still nervous they could botch it and I hope that they don't since almost all of the people going have read the book. It's not like with Count of Monte Cristo where they completely changed the ending but it didn't matter because most people who went to see it actually hadn't ever even seen the book much less read it.

I don't know why I'm even talking about it. There has got to be more interesting things happening in my life. I suppose I'm just trying to kill time until my doctor's appointment. One more hour.

2 comments:

Julia said...

I understand what you mean about the movie. I'm excited to go see it but I'm going into it with very low expectations. I'm still not sold on all of the actors and I look forward to seeing them within the movie. Here's hoping that it's not too far gone....

Donbrosky's said...

I hope the movie is good. I am sure it was hard to put 700+ pages into a movie. It will be fun either way and I am excited. I think some of the actors are just not what I was thinking all along.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...