Thursday, November 27, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

I feel a little like Oprah, except I'm cooler even though no one who reads this blog is going to get one of everything I like.


I feel that since it is Thanksgiving I would write my 2,008 favorite things/what I am grateful for. That's right folks, 2,008 things I am grateful for. Okay, maybe not, I doubt I'll even get 100, but that's for your sake, I am grateful for so many things! These are in no particular order except the first three, after that I just wrote them as they came to mind.


#1. My family - have you met them? They are awesome so of course they are number 1! (and if I named them one by one my list would be pretty well off!)


#2. My dog (Chubbers Horatio Umberto Bell) - he bugs me to death but he's so stinking cute and he loves me so how can I not return the favor?


#3. The Church - how boring would my life be without it? It keeps me busy most nights of the week. Okay, it doesn't really, but the people sure do. I have made great friends through the church, I went to an amazing church college and met tons of incredible people there. I wouldn't be the person I am today without it's teachings. It's such an intricate part of my life I couldn't not add it to my list, but just as with my family if I listed everything within the church I am grateful for I would have my 2,008 things!



#4. My car - not everyone has a great car (I haven't always had a great car) and to have it running, keeping the driver side door closed, avoiding getting crushed by SUVs, and having a CD player makes it pretty fantastic.


#5. Thanksgiving Day - I like the whole idea of a holiday they have difficulty marketing. No turkey shaped peeps, no yam flavored candy, nothing. Just a day to actually be grateful for what you have without trying to increase what you have. Know what I mean?


#6. Candy Cane Hershey Kisses - I'm not going to lie, these little things are fantastic. and white chocolate is not chocolate.

#7. Boys - Life would be so boring without them! I think everyone has to agree. Not only are they nice to look at, smell good, and give me butterflies in my stomach, but sometimes they really surprise you with how much they care.


#8. Internet shopping - For a girl who hates to go to the store this is just heaven. I did 80% of my Christmas shopping online. Plus, instead of wandering aisles looking for what you want you can just type it in.


#9. Basketball - Oh so much fun!


#10. The incredible regenerative powers of the human body - I think most of us remember the burns on my feet, well they look almost like normal now. I've broken a foot, sprained an ankle, sprained a foot, sliced my finger open (5 stitches), had a laser perform surgery on me, sliced my knee open...and all of them have healed! The body is a pretty cool mechanism.


#11. Being able to read - sounds silly I know, but not everyone can and I'm grateful that I can. I love reading and there are so many good books out there you just have to find them.

#12. Writing - reading and writing go together so of course I thought about how grateful I am that I can write. I may not write well, but I love being able to put the stories in my head down on paper (or Microsoft word for that matter).

#13. The Internet - There's no way I would keep in touch with so many people without the Internet! E-mails, facebook, youtube - all great things. Okay so Youtube doesn't help me keep in touch but it's pretty fantastic...should have probably gotten it's own number.

#14. Blogging - I can see pictures of my friends families, I can hear about their day to day life...and leave comments. So even though we can't be near each other and we no longer hang out I'm still in the loop.

#15. Direct Deposit - I hate going to the bank too, so it's nice just to get my money in my account right away.

#16. Sundays - I can sleep in, take my time getting ready, go to church, and go to mom and dad's for free dinner.

#17. Dryers - I don't like the itchy, scratchiness of clothes dried on the line, but I love when clothes come right from the dryer (especially in winter) and they had a dryer sheet in there too so it's twice the goodness.

#18. Digital Cameras - seriously people, how fantastic are they? Not to mention all the money I save by not having to develop the 7 different pictures I took of a mountain that all look the same.

#19. Going out to eat with friends - Friends and food are always a good combination.

#20. Sleeping In - a lost art in my life for some reason, but one day I'll be able to do it again.

#21. Cuddling up in a blanket and watching a movie - one of my favorite pastimes in Rexburg because seriously, who wants to go out in the biting cold. So starting freshman year I would come home from class, grab a blanket and pop a movie in. Sometimes I would scrapbook while watching.

#22. Scrapbooking - another lost art at the moment. It's always fun to look through old scrapbooks, so maybe I should start that up again.

#23. Shutterfly.com - amazing way to organize all my photos and order a print whenever I want one. Also saves money because I'm not developing every picture I take, just the ones I want at that time.

#24 Barnes and Noble - Do I even have to explain?

#25 Finding New Music - I love music, but sometimes I get sick of what I am listening to and go on the hunt for new music. Some stuff sucks, but there's a lot of good music out there and I love finding it (especially if I'm "first").

Um, since I can't commit to write 25 more things I'm going to stop here. 25 is a good number to end on, a nice good looking number. 26 would make me gag and 30, 35, 40, or 45 just don't seem right.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

1 comment:

G Sauce said...

I love that direct deposit is one of your favorite things! I do miss it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...