Monday, September 29, 2008

Chippenham Singles of the Week

Our ward has a newsletter that goes out on Sunday nights. At the bottom of each newsletter are two "singles of the week" a male and a female. This past weekend the girl in charge informed me that she didn't have anyone so I said I would do it. Might as well get it over with right? It just reminds me of all those Sunday nights at Ward Stare (prayer) in college when they would have a spotlight.

You have three options when you "volunteer" to be the single of the week.
  • You can write up a little paragraph about yourself and pick out a picture for the e-mail.
  • You can send Christie a list of bullet points about yourself and she'll make it into a paragraph.
  • Or you can leave everything to chance and see what she has to say about you, mostly coming from your facebook profile (including the picture).

I had every intention of writing my own paragraph, though I had no clue what to say (remember how I feel about tooting my own horn), but I had a meeting right after church and from there I went to my parent's and my phone was in my car. So I ended up leaving things to chance. And here's what we got:

"Jessica Donbrosky is from the area and left to get her degree in Criminology and Sociology from BYU-ID. She's back in Virginia and here to stay, hopefully. She currently works at James River Insurance in HR. Jessica is yet another girl ruined for real love by the Twilight series, specifically Edward Cullen, amongst other really good, fictional, characters. Jessica also loves to take pictures. The best way to get to know Jessica is to read her blog at http://sixthdonbro.blogspot.com/. First date ideas? I'm sure you can glean something from the blog."

So...yeah, people have a link to my blog. It's not that big of a deal because I've had a link on my Facebook page, but it made me worry because it looks like I want people to read my blog. Which I do, but I don't want people to think that I asked that link to go in there just to get more people to read it.

Also, I just want to point out that I'm not obsessed with the Twilight series. I've read it through once, and now I'm done. Yes, I will see the movie, but I'm no obsessed. Not that she said I was obsessed. She had it dead on that fictional characters have ruined me for real life romance, I mean, I think I've proved that myself. Other than that, tastefully done with the facts. I personally would have thrown in that I have to have an even number of dates by December 31st or I'll kill myself (I'm currently on an odd number)...you know, if it's a dating type thing might as well throw in my dating goals and aspirations. Anywho, I'm glad my turn is over.

1 comment:

The Hudsons said...

you're so weird...I miss you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...