Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An epiph-a-what?

I realized today that it's been a while since I've written. Probably because I'm not interesting anymore. Sorry.



But this weekend I went to North Carolina to visit my sister, Joanna and her two boys.



I took Friday off and drove down after work on Thursday night. As usual I had amazing time getting there (4 hours...pretty impressive). I'd like to thank my lead foot and relatively clear roads (mostly due to driving "after hours") for the chance I had to impress my sister. I would not like to thank the brain fart that caused me to take 264 West rather than East, but luckily it was a pretty easy fix and didn't hinder my amazing travel time.


On Friday I got to go with Joanna to pick Jacob up from school. It was cool seeing his school and his classroom and I loved seeing him with his little (big) book bag on. Then on Saturday we went to the park to play.



Yeah, I'm the cool Aunt that they can ride dinosaurs with. My sister tried to get him to say, "You're my favorite aunt," in German...but it came out as mumbles. But I knew what he meant and I knew he really meant it (sorry other Aunts...but I kind of rule).





The trip was very good and very much needed. I needed to get away from Richmond for a while, and from stories I heard Sunday night when I got home I needed to get away from the ward at church for that Sunday too. Oy vey (Or however you spell it). Anyway.


My dog is beginning to go through his terrible twos...leading me to decide to get him fixed. While in North Carolina I received reports that he head butted my roommate, got out of his kennel, chewed through the bungee cord, and then broke the bottom of his kennel. He's lucky I'm not placing an ad in the newspaper to find him a new home. Since then he's been a pain in my rear. I tried to fix his kennel by taking an old metal bar and putting it in the door, as shown below.



As you can see he's been coming out of the bottom, as you can also see the bar didn't have a chance. So he's been in his old cage which is MUCH smaller than his kennel, inside the shed while I'm at work. Then he sleeps in my room at night. Today I had an epiphany, why not take the extra piece from his cage and put it on the door of the kennel? As shown below...


Those bungees are just to ease my mind, the piece actually latches itself on quite well and he's been working on it now for a good half hour with absolutely no progress. However, he will be in his cage while I'm at institute, Houdini cannot be trusted.

1 comment:

AuntKatween said...

He looks real confused, like "how did she outsmart me, this can't be?!" So, hope this works for ya:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...