Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When the boss is away

Wednesdays can be a good day or a bad day. They are the middle of the week, which is good, but if it came too slowly then it's bad. You know, "I can't believe it's already Wednesday." or it's, "I can't believe it's only Wednesday!" See?


Today, was okay, except that near 4:00 I realized that yesterday I thought it was Wednesday so today should have been Thursday. But this morning, I knew it was Wednesday, and that yesterday was Tuesday. But like I said, I realized today at 4:00 that I had made the mistake. So really, no harm done, I just felt like an idiot because I told my friend I wouldn't be at work this afternoon (thinking that it would be Thursday afternoon) and she said it would be fine because she wouldn't be at work today either. So when I went to her desk and saw she wasn't there I realized that we had been talking about different days, and I was the one who was wrong...my bad.



This morning my boss came in to work to find some flowers on her desk. Sad thing is, she can't really be around too many flowers. So sounding stuffy she came out to my desk and asked if I would like to have them. The flowers were loose, that is to say they weren't in a vase or anything. So I looked around my desk and found some "presents" from Christmas. A coffee tumbler that someone got from a Broker and didn't want so they gave to me, you know, because I drink coffee...





It looks perfect with the flowers, I'm just glad I finally have a use for it. Now if you are wondering about the plastic wrap...that's another gift. The two ladies I work with went for a little elevator ride this afternoon and while there they ran into a man from one of the upstairs offices. He randomly pulled out two two-packs of plastic wrap and gave it to them. Thank you plastic wrap Santa. So Wanda gave me one of the rolls she had been given. So of course I took a picture of my gifts that weren't exactly given to me, you know, by the original gift giver...but I'm okay with regifts.



Then my boss left early, she had to go meet the plumber at her house. Julie brought over some things that I had ordered. I pulled out those plastic pillows of air that they use instead of the addictive bubble wrap. There were three strips of these things. I gave one to Wanda and told her I had ordered these super cheap pillows for the HR department. Then...I stuck one underneath my shirt (naturally right?).

I make such a cute pregnant woman. Maybe I'll show this to the boys at church, "I would be a cute pregnant wife no?"



The ladies at the office got a good laugh out of this. Little do they know that this isn't the first time that I've done this. That's right folks, I'm a repeat offender.


This one is a spiderman pillow. I put the pillow underneath my tank top (underneath the shirt) and went up to my roommate, Claire's room and asked her if this shirt made me look like I was pregnant. Survey says....yes. You can tell by the black socks I'm sporting that this was when I was still a trainer at the grocery store because I always wore black socks with those shoes and now I rarely ever wear black socks. Also, my hair is looking rather short in this photo.

Pretty busy day at work today. All in all, one of those good Wednesdays.

1 comment:

Martha said...

So, when Kat does the ornament, should she leave one space blank, or two??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...