Monday, February 28, 2011

These are my heart songs...

Sometimes you have to do those mundane, 100% unthrilling chores. You know what I mean? Going through the junk mail, cleaning off the bulletin board, or, as I did last night - clean out the sock drawer.

My sock drawer was filled to the limit, it struggled to open and close, it has been that way for months and last night, I finally had it. I laughed at myself because I thought, "What if someone asks what I did tonight?" Sorry I didn't hang out - I had to clean out my sock drawer. (Don't get me wrong, I did not do this all night, I hung out with people last night...it was just after they left when I was putting my laundry away).

There were orphaned socks and holey socks and socks I just don't ever wear anymore. I went through and tossed them. My sock drawer closes now...but it's still pretty full (p.s. my tanks also live in the sock drawer, so that may have something to do with it - whatevs).

So...what kind of chores do you guys have that you find necessary - but at the same time kind of a pointless activity (if that makes sense)?

7 comments:

Cassie Rakes said...

D-
Honey, cleaning out the sock drawers are the chores that make the 'highlight of the day' list... changing poopy diapers and cleaning off the dog paws are not.

G Sauce said...

Repairing holes or buttons in clothes.

Vanessa said...

I hate cleaning out the sock drawer. I have no idea wear all those single socks go.

As far as chores, my most disliked is dishes. We do not have a dish washer so we have to do them all by hand, which I despise. I can't wait to have a dish washer one day!

Lacee said...

I would have to agree with fixing holes in the clothes. But then again, I guess college students don't have much of a choice... :)

Sarah said...

folding laundry in general. Usually i wash it dry it and put it in the basket so the next load can go in the dryer. I'll have 3 baskets full with 4 loads of laundry and one in the dryer.
You may think it's easy just to fold it when you pull it out of the dryer, but not when your 2 year old likes to "help" and then gets bored with that and just wants to play with the basket.
oh and cleaning out the junk drawer/box. you can't clean it out. That's why that crap is in there in the first place, cause you have no where else to put it....

Julia said...

It's hard to say which chore I dislike the most but I really dislike having to do chores twice. Like folding laundry. I'll have all the laundry folded nicely on my bed and I'll come back to my room and the boys are jumping on my bed while seeing who can throw more clothes off the bed the fastest.

Martha said...

Hmmm... least favorite chores. I have a few, but I think it would be going through the junk mail, because it isn't just going through the mail, but shredding the personal info and cutting coupons you want to use, but then lose or forget and never actually use them. So, when you find them in a few months and they have expired, you just created more work for yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...