Monday, October 10, 2011

I've been everywhere man*

(Ha-Ha! I should have posted this BEFORE the 7 wants...thought I had...sorry)




No pictures in this post because I don't want to see my fears.




8 FeArS




I think eight is appropriate for "fears" because one of my fears involves 8 legs.




1.



Arachnis Deathicus



i.e. the spider



Even the smallest bite from... "arachnis deathicus"... will instantly paralyze...*



I. Hate. Spiders. They give me the shivers with their legs and their pincers...and their venom and their webs, and their many, many eyes.






2.



Wide open fields - in the dark
You don't know what could be laying in wait for you out in that field (really - cause it's dark). It's part of the reason I could never live in the country.




3.



Not being good enough.



This goes for spiritually. Being the youngest of 6. Rejection from boys, literary agents. Not doing a job right. Giving talks or lessons in church. Etc. I want to be really good at everything - which leads me to have perfectionist tendencies.



4.




The brakes not working.



Coming recurring dream of mine - driving along and the brakes won't work. I can't stop the car and I'm running through red lights, the cops are chasing me, etc.




5.





Large bodies of water



People think it's sharks - but it's so much more than that. It's floating in water with who knows what swimming around with easy access to grab my legs and drag me away. It's not having someplace solid to put your feet. It's drowning. It's vastness. It's the unknown.

6.


Heights



Totally legit (but while I'm afraid but it doesn't stop me rock climbing and getting up high - it just stops me from coming back down).




7.



Dad's Phone Calls - mostly his voicemail messages that say, "Hey Jess, this is Dad, give me a call when you get this." Give me a little more Dad - his messages make me feel I am in trouble or that someone is injured or died. I always expect the worst and then when I call him back he is asking some random question.



8.
Not being in control - not like "in control of the situation" and I don't have to be in charge or get my way. I mean not being able to really function. I hate pain meds because I don't feel in control. A reoccurring dream for me is not being able to stop the car (with the brake OR safety brake). There's also the one where I can't move cause someone is holding me back. No control - a fear.



4 comments:

Martha said...

Oh Dad and his "Give me a call." He has a poker voice, you never know if it is good news or bad.

Joanna & Ben said...

I love when Dad calls and you see it's him on the ID so you answer "Hi, Dad" and he responds "hey Jo, this is Dad"...yeah, I know...never mind. Love that guy. By the way, I have the spider, water, and heights thing too. Must be a genetic predisposition for lack of adventure that so me conquer, some don't.

Anonymous said...

Spee-eye-der quote, from Megamind.

I thought you didn't have recurring dreams.

-Nobody

Vanessa said...

I'm terrified of my brakes going out or my tire blowing! SO scary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...