Thursday, December 1, 2011

I have a big head and little arms. I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through.*

January - 4


February -3


March - 4
April -5


May - 4


June - 3


July -5


August - 3


September - 1


October - 7


November - 5






And Then There Were Non by Agatha Christie
Um - yes please. It took me a few pages chapters to get the characters straight in my head...but that certainly got easier as they were dying off (Dun dun dun). This book kept me guessing, even when I thought I had figured it out she would do something that threw me off. I would definitely recommend this book.








Standing for Something by Gordon B. Hinckley
Of course this book is good - for those of us who grew up with Hinckley, it is exactly what you would expect to get from him. The man is so optimistic even if the face of so much wrong in the world. I went crazy with my pen underlining important things not only to remember, but also to do.





A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer


When I first started reading this book I kept thinking, "there's no way that this is real, it just can't be." I think the worst moment is realizing that it can be and that there are so many children who have to live lives like that.




A Series of Unfortunate Events - The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket


I really liked this - it was different enough from the movie that I didn't have too much trouble reading through it. However, I don't think I could commit to reading all 11 million of the series (okay, okay, it's more like 11 or 13 or something).



Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling This was a fun quick read that Ryan let me borrow. It was much like reading Harry's textbook on Fantastic Beasts... J.K. Rowling has an incredible imagination!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

I read A Child Called It a few years ago. I'm pretty sure most of the book I sat with my mouth hanging wide open. It is such a terrible and eye-opening read that is in every way heart breaking.

Also, how did I not know you were on Twitter? I am behind the times.

SB said...

Meet the Robinsons!!! I love that movie!

Martha said...

Meet the Robinson's. There is a little kid in our ward with a big head and little arms. We always say that when he runs down the hall. (He's 2 and will grow into his body, so it's just cute for now)

Series of Unfortunate Events. Yeah, by the 5th book I was so depressed. I still haven't read book 13.

The Hudsons said...

I need some points. I've been slacking lately...meet the robinsons...I love that movie.

G Sauce said...

You are almost there. I have read about 4 of the unfortunate stories. I liked them much better then the movie but I get a little too upset for the children. If you want to read some more just let me know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...