Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme.*

Congratulations to...oh wait - no one guessed.
So - my birthday was last week.  I had a pretty good time.  I don't like to make a deal out of my birthday - as I believe I mentioned in a previous post, so it was perfect for me.  For my birthday I decided to do something I had seen online - I did random acts of kindness.  30 random acts for 30 years of life.  It was a pretty good experience.  Rather than focusing on me I ended up doing nice things for others, and for a few people, I wrote letters to express my gratitude for them.  So it was a good way to change the focus and to also realize how blessed I am.

And since that's over with - let's return the attention to me! Just kidding - except kind of not - here are some pictures from the festivities.

Saturday night Vivienne invited the boys over to play games and eat pizza.  Turns out that both Ben and Chris are allergic to cats but they both like to pet cats...Ben's eye swelled up so we made him an eye patch out of random craft supplies I had.  Chris' began to but I only had so much string so he was out of luck.  Still waiting on the pictures from Christian for that one - it was pretty.

When I got to my parent's house on Sunday Ava ran up to me and said, "Tesika, it's gonna be your birthday!" and then she took me to see the cake Joanna had made.

The penguin and I are almost shaped the same...well, now that I've eaten him we are.

She is so serious!
Monday, on my birthday, a group of us went to Plaza Azteca.  The boys like that place, and it's apparent by how many sombreros were in the closet of their house (at Plaza you get a sombrero when they sing a birthday song).  Christian says my sombrero is better though - so we compared. 

Yes - mine is made for grown-ups and theirs for a small child.  For my birthday - the boys stayed up late finishing the 3,000 piece puzzle that we've been working on since September or October.  Since I estimated we could finish it by Christmas and Christian said we'd take at least a year - I win.  Best birthday present ever! (actually, there are several things that were better - but this from them is the best from them...)

3 comments:

The Hudsons said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! P.S. Nobody guessed because Strictly Ballroom is a seriously obscure reference. Oh and this one is Cool Runnings. If I ever make it out to Virginia I feel like we should just watch random movies the whole time...miss you.

The Ottley's said...

Oh my gosh! I win! Cool Runnings!!!!

Amber Lanae- said...

*Cool Runnings!!!


two days!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...