Friday, January 25, 2013

Where's the baby? There he is!*

Congratulations to Amber, Tami, and Mur - each received 10 blog bucks for correctly guessing the last post's title.  Mur received an additional 10 points for guessing the post before that.

Just wanted to drop a line - I'm going to Texas tomorrow morning so I'll be gone until next week!

I hope to be getting away from the weather like this
 But exciting things are coming folks - I am back to doing the monthly book reviews (since I'll be reading hard core due to my 50 books goal).

There will be photos from my trip...

...and that's about all the exciting stuff.

Last night we had a Relief Society activity on Family History and writing your personal history.  I presented the Family History portion - I get so nervous in front of people, it's ridiculous.  I'm really love Family History/Genealogy.  I'm also super excited to start writing my personal history (we were given a handout on a rough outline of what to do).  I've already started to think of stories and such to add to it.  We talked about how this is like an autobiography and that got me more excited because as you may recall - I already have the title, "Still in the Room - Growing up as the Youngest".  I like this idea because it will be something of me to leave behind.  I wish I had things like this from my grandparents, because I didn't really get to know any of them all that well, especially my mom's mom who died well before I was born.  I think it would have been really neat to have something from her, to get to know her, to read stories about her and find out what kind of a person she was.  Don't get me wrong - Aunt Honey is a good source, and that's exactly why I think it would have been neat to have something, because I've learned more about my grandma from Aunt Honey.

Anyway - I shall miss you my little blog friends.  I hope you all have a good week and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...