Monday, January 26, 2015

Our Big Adventure

The other day I waddled a little.  I don't know why, I think it made my feet feel better or something but Chewy said, "Why are you walking like that?" I shrugged my shoulders and he told me I couldn't waddle until I hit 5 months.  To which I said, "I am at 5 months".  Now I can't waddle until 6 months.

Pregnancy is going well - my whole body hurts and I think I'm growing in the front AND in the back which breaks my heart but I'm told it's apparently worth it.  The little fish in my tummy drives me crazy when he decides to move around as I'm laying down for bed.  I hope he grows out of that before his birth day.  I've started nesting - the funny thing is, I think Chewy started nesting first.  We have a small house, it works for us and we love it, but it's small and we have a lot of stuff.  So Chewy kept going on about how we needed to get organized and we need to get rid of things.  This came about because I told him he had to get his stuff out of the nursery.

He had last week off as he transitioned from his old job to his new job (today was his first day with the new one).  I took Friday off and we decided that we would go to the temple (which I had avoided since October when I almost passed out/threw up in one of the rooms).  Then we decided to buy some Corelle plates because they are lighter and will take up less space and then to IKEA to get something to help us organize.  So Chewy looked online to get ideas, then he stated that he would just want to peruse the merchandise. I felt like Tina Fey in 30 Rock:




I'm happy to report that our adventurous day turned out really well.  I made it through the temple without feeling sick.  When we went to Potomac Mills to find the Corelle outlet store we decided to brave it and just park and walk into the mall and pray for the best.  We walked in and the store was RIGHT THERE.  It took us maybe 20 minutes tops to pick out some dishes and check out.  Then we went to IKEA.  We walked through and looked at two wardrobes - picked out the one we wanted and then went to look at desks.  We stopped at the cafe and Chewy got to try the meatballs he'd heard so much about and then we went to the warehouse and picked up the wardrobe (we worried the desk wouldn't fit).  All in all it went well and I didn't worry about our marriage....then it came time to load the furniture into the car.  For a moment there, I worried - it was completely my fault, I snapped at him.  I quickly apologized and resolved that we should be a team and not let IKEA get to us.  

On the drive home, Chewy kept saying what a positive experience we had.  He overall liked the shopping experience and kept talking about the well run operation...then he started to put the wardrobe together.  

The compliments went away and he started to ask if I thought the employees there were lackluster and/or weird.  He may have said ‘hate’ in reference to particle board (which he knew it was going in).  Near the end of assembly, Chewy realized that two pieces were put on incorrectly; they belonged on the opposite sides of the wardrobe.  This didn't help his once high opinion.  The Swedes need to use words, or even just letters, to help people know that two identical pieces belong on certain sides.  We made the switch, which turned out easier than he thought and then the wardrobe was done.  I’m extremely happy with it and I think Chewy is too.  It has helped us to get our room more organized and to allow for the extra stuff in the room since Chewy had to move all of his clothes and shoes into the room to make room for the little fish.

Next up - the first of probably several Goodwill runs.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...