Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Sunday. Sunday is usually my favorite day of the week, I mean, Fridays have potential but sometimes you just end up hanging out in your room lamenting your condition whatever it may be; no date, no treadmill, no potentials, and no Ben and Jerry's flavors that entice you.



Saturdays are just, they are good for something, I don't want to knock them, but normally Saturdays are not on my list of favorites. That's why I usually work on Saturdays because I know I won't have anything to do during the day and why not make some extra money? Maybe Saturdays are an acquired taste and it's just been so long since I've been able to utilize them that I've lost my appreciation for a day all to yourself.



But Sundays, Sundays are always good. As long as I go to church I have the guarantee of seeing at least one cute boy, even if there is no interest on either side, eye candy is always a good thing, it's why chick flicks thrive, it's why action movies have a good looking main character, it's why I didn't drop out of high school (okay, so I would never have dropped out, but it sure made it more bearable). Church is usually good and now that I'm a good girl and go to all three meetings I get a whole lot more out of it, usually feeling good when I leave. After church I get free dinner that I don't have to cook and I don't have to clean up afterwards (cause normally the fam doesn't wait for me to get to the house, they eat before hand and are finishing up cleaning while I eat...so it's bittersweet). After dinner I lounge around at the parent's homestead, falling asleep on the couch, talking politics with dad, boys with mom, trying to avoid playing games with the little ones (they cheat, they make up rules as they are going, they fight with each other, and they tend to forget it's their turn...quickly).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...