Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's amazing how exotic Wisconson... isn't.

I had a pretty busy weekend. It started Thursday night with basketball. Every Thursday (except for Holidays and then we try to play that Friday instead) we play basketball. It's mostly boys and I kind of prefer it that way. I wouldn't want a girl playing who is better than me!
This past Thursday I suppose I was playing pretty rough because I got the best bruises ever!!



This one on my wrist started out as a gross bump (we all know how I feel about my wrist). Suddenly it was a bruise, which continued to get darker as the weekend went on. So exciting for me. Now that it's in the healing stages it's not as cool.
Then there's the one on my knee...I don't recall what exactly happened for me to get either of these, but I know it was during basketball. It was a pretty intense night. One kid got a bloody nose (lucky dog), so at least it wasn't just me throwing myself around on the court...though I probably did a lot of that too.

Friday night a group of us got together to go see the new Will Smith movie "Seven Pounds". Due to some miscommunication rather than Christmas shopping at Target with some of the group I was at the boy's house playing Rock Band. It wasn't so bad, but I don't do the singing or anything, and I had kind of liked the idea of Christmas shopping with a group. But I got over it.


When we got to the theater most of the boys decided that they wanted to see "Yes Man" so they ditched and four of us went to "Seven Pounds". It was really good! I was totally confused for about half an hour, but you know, by the end I understood what was happening, so the next time I see it I'll follow better.

After the movie it was off to The Waffle House...I never thought I would find a place that made Denny's feel pristine. It was quite an adventure when the food came to the table...I wasn't sure if it would be my last meal or not.

I think the best part of the night was when Mikey realized that he had bought seven hamburgers (he shared with the group) and then at The Waffle House we had sevens drinks (but only 5 of us who went) and we had gone to the movie "Seven Pounds" and after eating at the Waffle House we probably only had 7 hours to live.


Here are the boys showing off their modeling skills. I don't know why they waste their time with day jobs and college.

Sunday was my Uncle's Christmas party. I wasn't going to go but last minute I decided to. It was after church and since my parent's were going there was no where else for free dinner! I spent most of the evening hanging out in a separate room with my immediate family...go figure.
In the picture before this one Ed had raised an eyebrow...a talent I have to work hard to even get close. As I tried to raise just one eyebrow my sister-in-law thought it would be funny to take the picture. What we get in the end is a photo that appears to be depicting a adolescent distaste for my older brother. Just wanted to explain why it appeared that way.


We kept trying to get Amanda to give a cute smile but she wouldn't, so I joined her in whatever pose she chose, and this was it. It's probably our most attractive photo opt together, if I do say so myself.
Back to work on...Tuesday (I took Monday off and got rid of that fridge...did I mention that it was gone within an hour and half??). On my way into work I pass this pretty water fountain, it was so cold on Monday and Tuesday (remember I describe it as "Rexburg cold" cause I think most of my "readers" can understand that type of description), the water in the fountain began to freeze. Since I was at a stoplight in my car this is the best I could do with the photo. Hopefully you can tell where the ice is, it's all that white stuff, the water isn't that powerful...it's a fountain, not a waterfall.


Today it is mostly melted because for some reason it's decided to go back up to 50 degrees. I wish it would make up it's mind so that I may properly acclimate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...