Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Just like any other day...right?

The other day (okay Saturday if you must know) I went shopping with my sister and brother-in-law. As we were driving to The Barnes and Noble we saw a small car switch lanes suddenly in front of a bus. Not the brightest move, so of course we read the license plate, Kitygrl3, and proceeded to inform Kitygrl3 that pulling in front of a bus is not the brightest idea. My sister peeks in at the driver and says something about how these blond girls are probably the type of girls who don't think anything can happen to them (or something to that effect) suddenly my brother-in-law says, "Kitygrl3 is a dude." Naw! So we try to inch closer to see Kitygrl3 but at least from where I am sitting I can't tell, Brother-in-law Ben assures us that Kitygrl3 has some unfortunate facial hair. Finally the lights turn green and we get to inch forward just enough to see that Kitygrl3 is in fact a dude. A dude that could tell we were looking at him. You know how you can tell? When someone looks straight forward refusing to look over and acknowledge that they noticed you noticing them. He probably thought we thought he was hot when in all reality we were shocked a dude would be driving a car with the license plate Kitygrl3. Who knows what the other 2 kitygrls look like. We gave him the benefit of the doubt and said that the car belonged to the female passenger and he was the boyfriend.

After B&N we drove down the parking lot to Target. You know how the "new" Targets have the random, decorative only, red balls in the front? Example number 1:

I always thought they would be cool if they doubled as trashcans, you know, fight littering, go green, or something like that. Naw, they are just these random red balls in front of the store. As we pull up we notice a man crouched down on one, perched perfectly, smoking a cigarette. My sister and I both noticed him at the same time and wondered why he was perched like a bird on the red ball. We instantly called him the bird man, and Brother-in-law Ben called him the Birdman of Libby Place (since the Target was in the Libby Place shopping...center, hub, whatever you call those things). Makes me feel like I'm back at Alcatraz.

We go about our business and do a little light shopping (including a spectacular deal of Psych season 2, but just to prove I'm not completely selfish I also did my shopping for my Angel Tree angel). When we left the store (an hour later) birdman was still perched on his ball. We marveled that he could stay in that same position for over an hour (since he had obviously been up there before hand) and in retrospect I marvel that he was still smoking a cigarette, I know it wasn't the same one, but what skill to be able to balance on a red ball, pull out a pack from whichever pocket you decided to put them in and light a new cigarette? We almost drove by and got a picture but I didn't want to insult the guy, I figured there was no way to get a picture of him without him noticing. But maybe it could have been done, maybe I just didn't have the guts to get the job done. I'm sorry I failed all of you, if I ever see him perched at Target again I won't let you down!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...