Monday, December 22, 2008

Manic Monday

I have today off from work so I'm trying to be as productive as possible. A few weeks ago I got a fridge stuck in my room.


My sister was trying to get rid of it and my roommates and I need more freezer space so we figured why not? That night we had FHE at our house so we had plenty of boys to ask for help. It took them quite a while to get it into the house (first stop, my room). They ended up having to take the doors off of the fridge and then bringing it in. We got it into the little foyer right outside my room and we were going to try and get it into the laundry room. The door stop got in the way and since we are renters we gave up and left the fridge in my room. They put it back together and I wondered if I could live with a huge fridge in my room. In the end....I couldn't.

So today, my first task was to take that sucker apart and get it in the driveway and then put it on Craigslist as a free item. I took the doors off first.

Then I started to move it outside. It got temporarily stuck in the doorway, but I went out the front door and moved it a little, then back into my room (via the front door) and shoved it a little and walla! It's in the driveway.
I had to put the doors back on and let me tell you, taking stuff apart is a lot easier than putting it back together. I finally laid the fridge down to do it and when I thought I was done I realized I forgot a piece...I contemplated if it was important enough, and decided I wouldn't have any way of knowing, so I took the doors back off and put the piece back on. It wouldn't have been so bad except that it's Rexburg cold out there today and even with the gloves my fingers are numb. But all is well, the fridge is together in the driveway.


I planned a lot more time for this project, but I guess since I paid attention to how the boys did it last time I was able to do it quicker. Either that or I'm just a far superior being... but for the sake of my relationship status we'll just say I'm a quick study.

Now I'm going to clean my room, bake some cookies, take my roommate to the airport, wrap presents, do laundry, give Chubbs a bath, and try to find some other things to do with my day! :) Fun right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...