Monday, December 29, 2008

You're being all selective 'cause you got a pony tail.

Merry Belated Christmas!

Things are going well here in good ole' Virginia. Christmas was pretty good for the most part but I'm not here to share what I didn't like about the holiday weekend, only the things I liked.
Our office closed early on Christmas Eve and I ran home and did a few little chores before heading over to the rents to meet up with my sister and brother-in-law (and nephews thrown into the deal too). ...um, I don't really remember Christmas eve that well so that's all you get for that day. Sorry, it happens when you get older.

Thursday morning I awoke to the sounds of Pat Benatar singing how love is a battlefield. I took a shower and got ready because this Christmas I was determined to look decent, especially since I didn't have the excuse of waking up and sliding down the stairs to open presents. I had to leave the house, briefly go out in public and then enter my parent's house. There was no excuse for a messy ponytail, mismatched PJs and a make-up-less face.

My dad had told me that breakfast was at 9:00, I told him I'd show up at 9:30. Which I did. Breakfast not only had been served, but any and all traces of it were being wiped away when I entered the room! All that remained was a sticky trail that my mom was wiping up and a half empty bowl of fruit salad. Now, the Jessica (D), sixth child, baby of the family, had to overeat just to eat side of me looked around and decided I wasn't hungry. I would be a Christmas Day Breakfast martyr and the family would hear about it for years to come. But mom insisted on making me some breakfast which now includes bacon nuked in the microwave between two sheets of paper towels (who knew?), some eggs that burned (my own fault) and toast. It was the best breakfast I've eaten in a while, beats a peanut butter granola bar.

I spent time with the family, which alternated as members and their sig figs travelled from the house, to in-laws, back to the house. I remained in the same place because my family (Chubber's and I) only had one family to commit to and we stayed the whole day. No, I'm not bitter about being the only single Donbrosky...nope. Finally everyone came over for dinner (at 2) and we ate. Then we opened the remaining presents (it was an all day thing as people came in and out).
We exchange names in my family because it's getting too big. My sister-in-law, Heather Lynn, had my name. She got me the Uglies series that I am interested in reading. I don't know how much I'll like them, but they had good reviews so I thought I would give them a try. I was pretty excited because I had only asked for the first one and she went ahead and got me the series. Mom got me The Office Trivia Game, which I picked out myself and put in the cart, but still excited to have.

Other than that I got a stocking full of my favorite candy and a 72 hour kit. Kathryn got me a popcorn tin since I am the only one "without a mate" as she put it. Thanks Kat. Sam got me bath salts, however I don't have a bath. I figured I'll save them for when I do have a bath, because one day I'll get that privilege again. That may be it, I can't remember. Never fear though, Chubbers bought me tons of stuff for Christmas. I got a pair of brown Converse (which I am wearing now), a new dress, shiny black dress shoes, Psych Season 2, and a ton of Candy Cane Hershey kisses because he knows I like them so much. What a great dog! Granted everything he bought came from Target over a month's time, but everything was also bought during incredible sales!

That dog is just too good to me.

This weekend was good, I got to spend time with my family (I played (and lost) a lot of Battleship games and I won Scrabble!), I got to eat more than I normally do (which is actually a very bad thing) and I got to just relax and not worry about anything. I also got to play ball on Friday and Saturday went to see "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with my sister and my mom. The movie is excellent and it's the perfect part for Keanu Reeves because he's not supposed to have any emotion!

Sunday I somehow got sucked in a show called Ninja Warrior, best I can tell is it's a Japanese show similar to gladiators except they never fight against each other. There are a few rounds, each with a series of complicated physical activities. Sunday's special was Women of Ninja Warrior. It wasn't like the show on Spike where they dub the voices and make it funny, this was some serious competition! 100 woman started off and only 2 made it to the final round. But only one (the returning champ) completed the course. There were English subtitles so I read them for everyone else in the room and let myself get carried away in the excitement..."four more dominoes to go! Can she make it? She made it! She made it!" Yeah, they had to keep their balance while walking across dominoes, each color was a little taller than the last and less stable. I couldn't have done it. I am in awe.

Well, that was pretty much my weekend, I'll post pictures when I get home.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ha ha ha I've seen ninja warrior, It's the greatest. Chubbers was very good to you this year, you are so lucky to have a dog with the ability to purchase items from a store. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...