Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Check-In

We're a month out since I made my New Years resolutions so I think it's time to check in and see how we are doing. I figure the easiest way for me to do this is to just go down my original list and say what's still 'in', what's 'on hold' and what's a sunken ship. Hopefully since it's only February I won't have any in the latter category.

Uno - Lose weight. I'm happy to report that yes, I have lost weight. You might not be able to tell yet, but I have lost almost 10 pounds since I made that goal.

Deux - Budget. It's not really on hold, more, it just got screwed up somehow. I know how, I blame the government because this is a free country and I can, but really I am the only one to blame. But I have spent less this month on frivolous things than any other month so far. But I haven't spent less (again, the government slash my own daftness).

Tres - Read a book a month. Doing great! I've read two books and am half way through two more. I like to read a fiction and a nonfiction at the same time. Keeps my brain on it's toes...you know, if it had toes. Which is actually a creepy thought so...moving on.

Oven - Expand my vocabulary. This month seemed to be more about maintaining. Though I have developed a new fondness for masticated and cordially (cause its not spelled like it sounds) Thank you Martha for trying to make your wedding invites and getting the vocabulary wheels working again.

Cinco - Read my scriptures...everyday. I was doing good until Monday this past week, but I read the chapters I would have and am working on not waking up so late in the morning.

Six - Overcome my fear of the phone. Work in progress.

Siete - Get Domesticated. Oh yeah! Who sewed the collar on her sweater? *points at self* this girl. I also used a safety pin Tuesday morning. I looked at what darning a sock is but have yet to do it.

Huit - Be more outgoing. I...guess. I mean, I've made a couple of new friends since January 1. I smiled at some people, and averting my eyes with others (hard core creep emanations coming from them). Okay fine! That's one that I still need to work on! You happy now!?

Neun - Organize. Uh...yeah. Well, I bought this little table that has a filing cabinet and some storage and I think that it will help me to better organized rather than putting all my folders into a tupperware container and using that stack on another container as a nightstand. Plus...ahem...my sister said she's getting me a shredder for my birthday and that will help me to get rid of some stuff.

Diex - Have fun. Oh yes, that one is being completed.

1 comment:

C$ said...

You're doing fabulously on your goals! Woot woot :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...