Sunday, February 22, 2009

Look At Me! I'm Indie!

One of the things I like to do when I'm not "seriously" shopping at a store is to dress up. I've done this many times at Wal-Mart and Target and gotten mounds of enjoyment out of it. I create a Jessica that looks like she knows what she is doing when she puts this stuff together (though I just randomly grab items and wrap them around my head or something...Rub - that scarf at Target that I used as a kind of head band). Last night while waiting to get into the Cheesecake Factory (turned out I could have skipped dinner, gotten married, had children, and grown old by the time our table would be ready) we hung out at Urban Outfitters. I had never been into one of these stores before, probably because in my realm of reality Target and Wal-Mart are it. The mall?? ...what is that?

First of all, the last time I went to the mall it wasn't about Indie clothes and "being green" but apparently that's the bag of chips* right now. Also, the last time I went to the mall the guys wore gender specific clothing...as in, they didn't wear women's clothes. ...and this is why I'm still single. Turns out it had nothing to do with me. Thank goodness!

So while we were in there I tried on sunglasses, the usual low key "dressing" up in the store.

There's something about these glasses that I absolutely love. Could be because they take up half my face...not sure.
It was a rather long time we were in Urban Outfitters and it was time to step it up a notch. So I got some glasses, walked towards the door and found a hat, took a sharp right and grabbed a scarf and wa-la!
...Indie girl (in the guys clothing). And while taking this picture I happened to look into the dressing room area and the guy working the counter there was watching and smile-lessly shook his head. He's a judger...which kind of goes against the Indie thing right? Maybe? I thought so at least. Had he been the one wearing the red women's v-neck I would have shook my head right back, and maybe called out a "Shame on you." and told him to get a haircut and finally express his individuality instead of living life thinking he was unique because he wore his hair the same way every "Indie" boy wore it (that long, just got out of bed look) and ignoring the fact that he works at a store that sells Indie clothes...because I think that's an oxymoron, like Jumbo Shrimp. It's playing right into the man, shelling out money for clothes you should buy at the thrift store so you could actually be Indie. But I might have it all wrong, I don't know this stuff that well. Heck I'm against the whole "be green" movement, so I must be out of touch.

Regardless, I put away my clothes and stopped dressing up. That strange looking teenage boy broke my spirit. ...jerk.
Just because I don't want to make a separate entry for the same day here are some pictures from my Target trip earlier that day.

Sam and I find the same sweater on the clearance racks. And neither of us got it, but we thought it would make for a good picture.

St. Patty's day is quickly approaching and mom and Sam like to get into the spirit of things...with hats.



Okay, that's it. That's my story in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed. If not...you just don't get me.
Oh and just for those of you who were worried I would leave you hanging, we finally made it to our table...almost two hours after we got there. I was so hungry I was beyond hungry. I hate the Cheesecake factory.
Notes
*As in "All that and a bag of chips!"

5 comments:

C$ said...

Urban Outfitters is AMAZING. Love that place. Also love the Cheesecake Factory, but it's true, you really could have gotten married, had kids and grown old in the time you have to wait for a table. It's ridiculous.

Amber Lanae- said...

Sorry about cheesecake factory...they were outrageously slow. I love the pics though...you really did look fly in your indie outfit!

AuntKatween said...

I sm SO SO jelious I missed out on this one!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!! Always have good times trying things on, like glasses and looking just like we did 15 years ago! Or, dancing in the isles at Old Navy! I mean, you have to have some fun in life! Quote, where is it from!!??:)

The Ottley's said...

I'm not going to take it personally that you don't like the Cheesecake Factory. It has nothing to do with me right?! I LOVE THAT PLACE! So when are you coming to visit to Seattle or Portland? Now that you are "Indie" and all... they seem like logical destinations for (that are close to me).

Martha said...

Looks like so much fun!! Mom looks *hot* in her hats. Kat!! We always dance in Old Navy. I miss you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...