Thursday, March 19, 2009

Habachi Steak

Today we had lunch at Kabuto's. That's right, the finicky eater went to a Japanese Steak house. Not only that, but I used my chop sticks the whole time. I have never successfully used chopsticks before so today was pretty exciting for me. I don't know if I held them right, but I used them to eat my whole meal.

It was really cool because they cook your food right in front of you, and the chef pretty much performs for you. He does a little ditty on the stove with his utensils and then he puts some cooking oil on the surface in the shape of a smiley face (which quickly cooked away) and then he put some other liquids on there and without warning he tries to melt your face off! I don't think I could have backed up fast enough! But luckily everyone still had their eyebrows. It was really neat and the food was good, of course I had a special order of white rice, and I didn't touch the veggies but the Habachi steak was really good...and like I said, I ate it with chopsticks.

Afterwards we checked out the fish pond in the lobby and the fish was huge! I tried to get a picture but these must be Aborigine fish (they believe that their souls will be stolen if there is a picture taken of them). Then I went into the bathroom and there was a bottle of Scope Mouthwash on the counter, with little Dixie cups in a basket. I couldn't resist and I went ahead and used it, despite the fact that I had orderless food for lunch. It was pretty cool, quite the experience.

This is when you know I am itching to write but have nothing of importance to write about, I talk about using chopsticks and rinsing my mouth out in a restaurant bathroom.

3 comments:

G Sauce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sook said...

I love tepanaki grill! I wish there was a good one around here. I am not impressed with any of them around here. The most amazing one I went to was in Provo! :) Good job on using chopsticks the whole time! It can be pretty hard. he he

SB said...

I never touch the veggies at most restaurants. I tell people I'm an "anti-vegite".

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...