Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Diet Plan

Thursday - Japanese Steak House

Monday - Chinese Family Style Restaurant


What is wrong with me!? Just kidding. So, as you can guess I have eaten two foods out of my comfort zone in a week.


Monday night we went to P.F. Chang's for Amber's birthday. I had checked out the menu beforehand and was a little nervous about what I would eat, and then our waitress said that they order for the table...which made me more nervous at first, but then I realized I wouldn't have to deal with any unwanted food on my plate, so I started to get excited.


Then I found the chopsticks in my napkin and was even more excited, if that were even humanly possible. Tip for a birthday present (I know it's months and months away) but I would like a nice pair of chopsticks, because I rather enjoy eating that way. Not cheap little wood ones I stole from Kabuto's but nice, smooth, shiny ones that I desperately wanted to steal from P.F. Chang's. Don't steal them from P.F. Chang's though, be a trooper and actually buy them for me. You know, if you want to, I'm not forcing gifts from people, just giving ideas because by the time my birthday comes back around I won't remember what I wanted.


Digression.


I also felt as though I should have perfect posture while eating with chopsticks and Minh told me that good posture was a sign of wealth...so pretty much I was stinkin' rich for the evening.


Pretty much I have no idea what I ate. I think I had kung pao chicken and some kind of sweet steak (which I didn't love-love but the chicken was good). There was this one thing, I really wish I remember what it was called, but Minh and Bryan were trying to get me to eat one and I asked what was inside (I really don't like surprises) and Bryan said it was probably pork because it tasted like sausage. Last time I take his word for it, I think he might have a sinus problem, because I cut it in half so I wouldn't have to stick the whole thing in my mouth and risk not liking it but being stuck with it in my mouth (I'm gagging just thinking about it). Turns out that there was shrimp inside. This girl don't do seafood...I mean, I'm picky, but I'm working on that...I'm trying to try new things, but sea food is not on the list of acceptable endeavors. So the only cool thing that came out of that was I picked it up with my chopsticks (before I cut it open) whereas everyone else had to stab theirs.


I love chopsticks. So much so that when we had cake for dessert (Ukrop's cake...yea!) I used them to eat my entire cake. I think they help you eat slower and therefore you don't over indulge. New diet plan - eat everything with chopsticks.

3 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

I like chopsitcks too...you're right about the eating slower thing, you have to turtle it so you don't drop the food

G Sauce said...

Oh yes those chopsticks are brilliant!

SB said...

I'm a huge fan of the orange peel beef at PF Changs. it's got a tiny spicy kick, but it's really yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...