Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And... Here... We... Go.*

First of all...shame shame on any and all friends and family who didn't read the last post simply because it was the longest I've ever written...but in reality it wasn't much writing, more just a lot of pictures. And there were two opportunities for blog bucks! Just look for the '*'.
Anyway, forget that, I already have.

So since that last post what have I been up to? A whole lot of nothing. I am suffering from terminal cabin fever. On Tuesday morning I took Rub back to the airport, on Thursday one roommate left and on Friday morning I took the last conversational roommate to the airport (thus leaving me at home with the roommate who barely comes home and when she does conversation is awkward so we keep that to the bare minimum). Bryan has also gone home. Institute is done with until after I get back from vacation and all of my Netflix are in transit (hopefully arriving tonight, but I won't hold my breath). I have done things, but it doesn't feel like it.
I can always tell when I get to the cabin feverish stage in my life. The first thing to happen is I do something with my hair. I either cut it, or I dye it. This time I cut it.


You can't really tell the difference, but I have cut off quite a bit. I can really tell when I am washing it or trying to do something with it. Not to mention it seems softer to me. Anyway, I suppose if I want people to notice I'll need to cut off more.

Next I would rearrange my room, but in a week I am buying my roommates bed (when she gets ready to move home) so I don't see the point in rearranging until I have that puppy.

Then I begin to go through my stuff and throw things away. I get in the mood of, 'you don't use it so why keep it?'. I have filled up my shredder twice now and have a Goodwill bag almost full.

The last option, the thing I do when I know it gets really bad, is to start writing. Not blogging, that's different folks. We are talking, "Your eyes will never be graced with the sight of these pages because my heart is too much in them" kind of writing. I tried to channel that the other night. I put in "Dark Knight" and sat with my laptop ready to receive inspiration for my story (the one about superheroes (that's a link by the way)). I got nothing more than being swept into the story. Though as an afterthought I might have a little more insight into the bad guys, but we'll see.



Anyway, I think I just wanted to write so that I won't have a big update next time. Oh, this past weekend I held a baby bird! I know I shouldn't have but my cousin had already been holding it and how many times do you get a chance to do that?




Oh and just so you know, I had stuff going on tonight and I've got a full schedule tomorrow which will take me away from the house and interacting with people so I should be just fine. In case you were worried for a bit there.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Brain...not...functioning. I don't know your quote.

Joanna & Ben said...

ok, Marty, she totally gave it away in her blog...it's from the Dark Knight. The Joker says it doesn't he? Anyway, You should totally come down here to NC for 4th of July, dude...if you don't already have plans, that is.

Lildonbro said...

Excellent work Joanna :)
I would totally come down for the fourth, but I think we are going to Michigan...I will have to think on this...

Martha said...

Like I said, Jack's Mannequinn and The Fray are playing at the ampitheater in July- you should totally come. Lawn seats are only $19

Lildonbro said...

:)yes, but plane tickets are over $200 possibly more now. If I'm going to go see them I'll go when they are in VA Beach :) But I'm not going to go see them, I'm saving up for my future thank you very much :)

SB said...

I have nothing interesting to reply with...I'm drinking a cream soda, is that interesting?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...