Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's official...

Roommates suck. Well, they don't really, I like them, I am in need of two of them. What sucks is not being able to afford the place you live in without them. If it was just a bonus to have roommates and save money on rent then I would be happy as a clam...as is though, I need at least three roommates in my house to afford the rent. Four would be ideal. We started off ideally enough. Emily, Evan, Anne, and I living in a three bedroom house (my room is the den...yes, I pay extra for having a room that is the size of two). Then Evan moved home to save money, she kept paying though since she was in a contract until she found someone to take over her payments. The someone is a whole other story...
Then Emily graduated at the beginning of this month and moved home (across the country) a few weeks ago. So it was just Anne, new chick, and I in the house for the past few weeks. We were trying really hard to get someone new to move in. We had someone who we thought was a sure thing, but due to unexpected medical things she can't move in at this time, then we had two maybes who quickly turned into no-goes. Then Sunday Anne gets a note on her door from New Chick who says that she'll be out by the 1st. And we can't really do anything about it because she wasn't in a contract. Uh...that leaves two to pay the whole rent, thanks hobo. I have a nest egg, so I have the money, but I can't pay that much rent more than once, because we'll have the utilities to split 50/50 too.
So...if you know of anyone in the Richmond area looking for a place to live and they would like to move in as soon as possible...that would be great. Let me know. We have standards though, as desperate as we may be, so keep that in mind too. Not that anyone knows of anyone looking, but it's worth a try. I can't not try right?
Well, that's my week in a nutshell. I leave town tomorrow and don't return until the 3rd, but I may find an opportunity to blog while on vacation. If not, I'll see you guys when I see you.

4 comments:

SB said...

finding roomies is a pain in the butt! I don't miss those days...I'm just making my roomie marry me so he can't move out! ;)

The Ottley's said...

D-D-D-D-D--D-D-D_D-D-D_D_
I wish I could be your roommate. Would you mind a boy and a month 1/2 year old baby too?
If you wouldn't mind... SOLD. Wait, we'd need to sell our house, pack up, quit our jobs, leave our families.... OH wait, and bring a dog who doesn't care for other dogs.
D- maybe it just wouldn't work. Can you blame me?

Candice said...

Ok, I was looking for your baking blog and I'm pretty sure I'm not intelligent because I don't know which one it is. Secondly, I hope you find some roomies! And thirdly, ewww for moldy buns, I probably wouldn't have said anything either, but sometimes they just plain need to know... Oh, and fourthly, I would have screamed bloody murder and passed out if a large spider jumped from my towel. I think when I was little there was one in mine (not too big, but big enough when you have arachnaphobia), and so over the past 15 years it's a habit to check my towel before drying off in case said incident happens ever again. And fifthly, I love blogs too, and have about 8 because frankly I like to come up with fun names for them :)

Lildonbro said...

Candice, it's
http://bakeahol.blogspot.com/

Amber - Seriously

Tami - Husbands and infants welcomed

Sarie Lou Who - Excellent idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...