Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hello, Worthless. Miss me?* A.K.A. the MEGApost!

Hello there! It's been a while huh? I've been pretty busy for the past week or so. BFF Rub came to visit on Wednesday, I worked Thursday, we went to VA Beach and Williamsburg on Friday, saw Wolverine on Saturday, slept a little too long on Sunday, went to Monticello on Monday, Jack's Mannequin on Tuesday, drama on Wednesday, Thursday is a blur but I think I cleaned a little of my room. That brings us up to speed. Cool huh? All done. See ya next week.
Oh wait...there is that part where I took a million and one pictures. Just a warning: this is going to be an loaded blog...like that ice cream. Mostly pictures though, so I'll try not to give too much commentary and then this blog won't hurt so much. (Again...like the ice cream - all the extra chunks of goodness (like cookie dough chunks) with just a drizzling of the original good stuff (i.e. the ice cream itself). Granted I've actually never had any Loaded Ice Cream before so I don't know what the heck I'm talking about.

Virginia Beach

We decided to go to VA Beach first, then head back towards Williamsburg, and then on to home. Turned out to be a good idea. One thing I did not get a picture of those was Mount Trashmore. One day...

So Rub had never been to the beach, and she remembered seeing something on the travel channel about it but even when she lived here she never made it out. So we went. Friday mornings before school is out for the summer turns out to be a good time to go.

I love Rub in the background.



Before we had even gone to the beach we hit up some stores looking for shot glasses (because I belong to the coolest HR department ever) and Emily "Mega Brain" found these. I can't help but think of MC Hammer for some reason.


Williamsburg



First stop, visitor's center. Believe it or not we are doing this pose on purpose.



The colonial woman let us play with this game. I think she may have been sipping on some fermented cider, she did say something about liking that stuff. But she was nice though eccentric.






We got into a little bit of trouble with the law.


After hitting up some of the shops and getting rock candy (Yum-O*) we headed over for our ghost tour. Because you can't go to Colonial Williamsburg and not go on a ghost tour! This is the Randolph house (I think) and it is purportedly the most haunted house in Williamsburg.




Then it was off for pulled pork sandwiches and Williamsburg ice cream! Emily couldn't stop herself from eating the peanuts and these are the shells. We added our tour group stickers on there for...well, I don't really know why we did. I did not use the bathroom while there because Emily had been haunted in their restroom facilities before. No thank you!


Saturday - Wolverine and Lunch


Just lunch photos here, I mean seriously who takes pictures during a movie. Fantastic by the way, as long as you don't think about how well it works in with the story and as long as you are okay with Ryan Reynolds not being on the screen enough (which was almost a breaking point I'm not going to lie)




C$ and Rub



My glasses that I got for free from Emily's estate sale. How sad. It's okay, they looked better as lens-less glasses, and yes, I popped out the other lens and then wore them when I went to the bathroom. The host totally checked me out...he liked them. Or thought I was a nerd...either way.


Fill 'em up, I never want to see the bottom of this glass! Rub is totally happy with all of her water.


Wild Wild West
On Monday Rub and I headed out to Monticello. We got slightly confused on the way but we did make it finally. One of our detours was the fascinating city of Charlottesville. Just to prove how awesome they are (or maybe to give an outlet for teenage angst) they have a graffiti wall. Even though it's legal it still felt like living on the edge...and the best part is that there were three cops just a few feet away from us.


I have acute Yomamaitis. It's a knee jerk reaction not only in verbal communication but also in written. I need to find another way to insult people.


I don't think Rub enjoys the pictures I took of her writing her portion on the wall, so I won't post them.

Finally we made it to Monticello. I kept expecting stories of hauntings and mayhem but seems like the Jefferson's had a quiet kind of life. No scandals here. Or so they say. Maybe if we pay extra they'd let us know.

Jack's Mannequin concert. Yea!

Despite the fact that whenever Money or I told someone we were going to see Jack's Mannequin and they said, "Uh, who?" The National was pretty packed. There are people in Richmond who know. Also, in case you don't know, this guy used to be with Something Corporate...does that ring a bell? I know it will for Tami, she got me into Something Corporate.

It was a dark and blustery day. The rain fell from the sky in pellets, the summer heat had been chased away by a wintry, wet chill. I didn't have an umbrella. The line existed where it had never existed before and all we had for protection was Claire's sweater which she was nice enough to share. Didn't do much for her hair though.

It was only Claire and me on the outside, Bryan went straight in. Which is why I am making my face in the next picture.

That face shall haunt his dreams for an eternity.

The opening guy, Matt Nathanson, was pretty good, good stage presence, but a potty mouth. I wanted to get him some Orbitz gum or something. Dude, it made me smirk a little the first time because for some reason cuss words used by "the person in charge" always do. But it wore out fast (we're talking second time) and then he kept going and I was thinking, "Dude, I know you have a more extensive vocabulary then this." Songs were amazing though. I knew I knew his music, I have some of his stuff on my iPod, but I hadn't realized that he was pretty darn popular too. Scratch that, I hadn't realized that he was pretty popular (no "too", cause no one seems to know who Jack's Mannequin is...not that I am disappointed in my friends...more that I am ashamed that I haven't helped them to know who he is).





I have officially decided that I am in love with him. Not only that but near the end of the concert he was telling the crowd that they could probably get the new album for free on a variety of websites, and he understood times are hard, get the music any way you can, just get it, listen to it and come to the concerts. granted they make most of their money off concerts over records sales, but still, it was refreshing to have him tell me it's okay that I'm getting his music for free. Another reason I love him, that and he plays the piano, kind of looks like a nerd who quickly turns a rather attractive individual because of his stage presence, and I love every single song he sings. I was also oddly attracted to the electric guitarist, Bobby...don't know what brought that on, but I was.

Hottness.




Matt Nathanson ran back out on stage to join in on the last song.


And to jump on the piano with Andrew (Jack)

Last jump from the piano.

Take home message of this entry - best concert I've been to in my entire life (what a short concert going life it has been when you look at it). It rains at everyone concert I've gone to. BFF's are the best. The beach is cool, but don't go swimming. And everyday is better if you have a Slurpee thrown into the mix.
Oh, and four day weekends rock.

4 comments:

SB said...

I don't know your quotes! dang. it's about freaking time you posted. No one has been posting lately...I'm withering away with nothing to read :) slurpees do make things better, especially the blue raspberry kind.

Aunt_B said...

Your too funny!! I love me some "your mom" insults too. Except now that most of my time is spent with my kids I find myself answering "your mom" whenever they ask whats for dinner!!

Lildonbro said...

The "Hello worthless" is from Enchanted

the "Yum-o" was from Ice Age

I figure no one else is going to try to guess so I'll just post the answers :)

Candice said...

Of course it's enchanted - I totally forgot (I LOVE that movie)! And I would have guessed The Rachael Ray show with the yum-o... I'm dying to go to Colonial Williamsburg, glad you had a blast with your friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...