Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My First Day as a Woman and I'm Already Having Hot Flashes*

So I gave up sugar...again. Those of you who know me know that I have the dreaded sweet tooth. I eat sugar just to eat sugar most of the time because somehow my body equates sugar to the only viable source of energy.
With the help of a good support group (A.K.A. the Sugar-Busters blog) I think that this time will be a little easier. Granted it has only been a day, and I had my near slips and heartaches, but I passed. Not only did I pass but even in the face of candy-cane Hershey kisses (yes, I hoard certain holiday candy for months!) whispering sweet, sweet nothings to me, I passed. I almost grabbed one, just out of habit, but I stopped myself centimeters from destruction. Then while I was cleaning my room last night I grabbed the bowl with five or six kisses in it and flipped it over into the trash can, their aluminum wrappers scrapping the sides of the plastic trash bag as though crying out in agonized protest. No one dumps holiday candy...it's like the geek in school dumping the most popular girl (which that union only happens in movies anyway, but if a geek should get the popular girl that relationship would have to be pried from his cold, dead hands). I'm just saying...
So - on with day two.

5 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

Good luck Jess, I'm rootin' for ya. And the quote is from Mrs. Doubtfire

Amber Lanae- said...

Man! I totally knew the quote...but the person before me typed it in. I know its from Mrs. Doubtfire-if I tell you that its after he burns his fake boobies from cooking dinner do I still get points? And if I also tell you that he ends up ordering out from a restaurant because he can't cook at all do I get additional points?

SB said...

Good luck. I think I'd die without sugar!

Sarah said...

it's one thing to go with out, it's another thing to through it out. Though I'm sad for the candy, I'm happy for you. :)
so do you eat chocolate again now?

The Ottley's said...

Who gives up sugar? Oh- that's right... I should too. But let's be honest- I won't! :) You've a lot more self-discipline than I do! Keep it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...