Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I can't work under these conditions...it's unprofessional!*

Okay, I'm going to complain.

I feel like maybe I haven't complained in a while so that makes it okay for me to complain to you here, today.

On April 24th I e-mailed a lady about a slider sign, you know, you put them up next to a room and it says whether or not it's in use. I wanted to know if they sold slider signs because we already ordered the nameplates from them so why not right? *snapping fingers* keep your eyes open, humor me, I know this isn't the most thrilling thing. But April 24th people. April 24th.

On May 5th I ordered a nameplate for an employee who had gotten married (and therefore changed their last name). So this woman...let's call her Ann (cause that's her name) writes me to tell me they got the order and to ask me if she had ever gotten back to me about the slider signs and offers to send a drawing or picture of said slider sign. So I play nice and tell her that no, she hadn't gotten back to me but I would love to be the recipient of aforementioned drawings. That was same day, I'm a same day response kind of gal.

A month later on June 4th I e-mail her back - it is not unusual for your "contact" to have quit and not told you, why would they tell you? Someone else will be assigned to you and eventually, through all effort on your part, you will find out your new contact (Thank you Southern Health for that great experience building opportunity - but I digress). So I e-mail her and tell her I was just checking up on whether or not they even sell the darn signs.

June 10th - I order another nameplate (all these people getting married - crazies). So Ann e-mails me at 4:49 p.m. She says she has a sneaking suspicion that she owes me a drawing or picture of a sample slider...are you serious? I just told you that* 6 days ago I e-mailed you asking you about that...you forgot?! Needless to say I am a little...hmmm...flustered. It was the last ten minutes of work, I've already packed up the nice Jessica who puts up with crap and pretends she's not annoyed in my purse, therefore I wait until the next day to respond. In the morning I'm nice and chipper and tell her that I have that happen to me too sometimes, blah, blah, blah, but yes we still need a sample slider - is there anything you need from me to get this going? (in nice words).

JULY 7th - I felt like elevating my blood pressure so I looked through "pending" things and found the last e-mail and response from/to Ann. So I decide to play her game. "Oh Ann, the slider signs just popped into my mind (insert airhead laugh here) so I thought I would check in with you, blah, blah, blah."

Amazingly I got an e-mail from her this morning with pictures of sample sliders...I could weep with joy.

But that's not all folks - there's the matter of the filing cabinet. At this point I don't have the brain capacity to keep going. Maybe another time...who knows...maybe this afternoon.

5 comments:

SB said...

That's just poor business practice. If my company tried to pull those kinds of shenanigans and forgot all the time, we would have been out of business a long time ago! you should find a new source!

The quote...monty python?

Martha said...

I am surprised she hasn't quit or been replaced. Maybe slider plates just are so much in demand, she can't keep up with it. I'm just saying.

Lildonbro said...

I feel a little vindicated...boss lady doesn't want the signs anymore. Had we gotten it right away when we thought we NEEDED them...we would have bought them. Poo on you Ann.

Martha said...

I wish my minions called me Boss Lady.

Joanna & Ben said...

Truman show...i told you when you were at my house, but you say to go on and post it...so there it is

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...